1988 Kona Explosif seatpost

kellyjk":32diyv9p said:
Here are some quick pictures I have all of the original parts except tires.

It looks nice without the yellow splatter. It seems to have a lot of the Deore II parts maybe the owner just upgraded some to XT over the years. It's also sounding like the uk versions were spec'd different to the ones for the American market if the 89 spec says XT parts because all i've seen in the catalogue is Deore II then the 1990 Explosif had suntour parts and also the rack mounts your talking about we're removed,well at least the ones on my 90 Explosif have. Why not contact kona see if they can throw light on why yours is a bit different.

I think that is a plan. Just curious can you tell me your serial number? Yes my old 1989 buyers guide (for all 89 models) specs Deore and Xt mix but I have never seen one Cheers

I contacted Kona and foound out that it is indeed 88/89. As component supplies changed the bikes changesd and morphed into the next model.There was also a bit of randomness since the company was small and also new. Enough of that I will "shut up and ride"

kellyjk":3cxkhtx9 said:
Does anyone know the seatpost size?

Indeed it is a 26.6mm as Spanky has commented. I have the original one in my draw at home (I don't use it because it is too short). The champagne coloured one.

Cheers...Nick

kellyjk":i72mpa0i said:
I contacted Kona and foound out that it is indeed 88/89. As component supplies changed the bikes changesd and morphed into the next model.There was also a bit of randomness since the company was small and also new. Enough of that I will "shut up and ride"

Did kona say why they never put the splatter on the frame?

Back