1988/89 Kona Explosif

If it's dent free and isn't rusting inside out, the just for the frame and forks that's a good price. I fear a bit for some of the components even after a deep clean.

al-onestare":18rl8ezc said:
If it's dent free and isn't rusting inside out, the just for the frame and forks that's a good price. I fear a bit for some of the components even after a deep clean.

Yeah some of the parts look shot,front mech,saddle,the body on the left brake lever looks badly faded,the chain and cassette i've got spares so that's not a problem.
Hopefully with the rust issues on the frame there just surface rust but i'll find that out when i get my hands on it. If all's well it'll be a full nuts and bolt restoration for it,it's my favourite bike of all time so it'll get preferential treatment :)
Also i'm just glad it was saved from the likes of granniegear,i was having sleepless nights at the thought of the frame and forks being split :LOL:

I reckon most of the bits will be fine. That dx is solid as. Front mech cage might be pitted but if that can be clean up a bit, especially if it's a rider

With splatters like this I think you can get away with krust on any surface rust, it turns black and basically blends in the scheme.

Surprised you are dismissing the saddle. Looks 100% saveable to me. I've got the stuff to do it, so happy to have a go for you if you don't want to buy the various lotions.

xxnick1975":3pfiydw3 said:
I've got the stuff to do it, so happy to have a go for you if you don't want to buy the various lotions.

The true Retrobike spirit :)

Nick - the purveyor of fine potions and remedies for your trusty steed :)

Si_33":2iz8qrsl said:
xxnick1975":2iz8qrsl said:
I've got the stuff to do it, so happy to have a go for you if you don't want to buy the various lotions.

The true Retrobike spirit :)

Nick - the purveyor of fine potions and remedies for your trusty steed :)

It's what makes Retrobike so good,there's always someone to help out :)

By all means Nick if you think you can save the saddle by using your magic potions that would be great mate,there would be beer tokens for your troubles :D

Back