1987 Raleigh Record Sprint

I have a set of original ones that the repro's were made from

I'll PM you the details

Re:

I had a 1987 Record sprint, I bought it brand new, it cost me £225 if I remember right, I passed it down to my brother, the chainstay snapped in 1992 and the frame was replaced by raleigh.

Re: Re:

big_dave":2r2vsfcu said:
I had a 1987 Record sprint, I bought it brand new, it cost me £225 if I remember right, I passed it down to my brother, the chainstay snapped in 1992 and the frame was replaced by raleigh.

This one cost me circa £40 from eBay in 2008. The only money I have spent on it was for new decals which were £27. When it's finished (soon hopefully) it will 'owe' me less than £100 (obviously not accounting for the amount of time I have spent on it!)

Ah, the famous 15 year frame and forks guarantee from Raleigh. I went through 4 Pulsar frames in less than 4 years!

Did they replace it with another Record Sprint, or something else?

Re:

it came back as a record sprint that's as much as I remember, my brother had it by then so I never saw much of it by then.

thanks for the heads up on your restoration... looks great..
did you end up building the wheels with the gold spokes?

cheers

aj

No, I'm just about to do them with stainless steel spokes, so as to keep it as original as possible

Just need to source a freewheel removal tool for the rear, as I'll do both

If only Raleigh's 'rustless' spokes did what they were supposed to do and not tarnish and rust!

Silver I think...

The black ones tend to 'wear' and I don't want to be rebuilding them again!

Yeah but the colour scheme! The colour scheme!

I'm slowly banishing all silver from mine.

I know, but...

The mech's are silver, the headset is silver, the stem is silver

and it left the factory with silver spokes..

Wanted to try and get a factory type build!

Back