1986 Harry Hall All Terrain, yes all of it.

It was very well ran and had little competition at the time range wise.

I purchased my M1000 amongst other frames and Gubbins from that very store.

Love the early branded road and atb stuff they knocked out and quite miss the old scene in Manchester as its all paying for puncture repairs and trying to look the part without ever understanding the part.

Nice find. Didn't know there were HH branded MTB frames. As already mentioned HH frames were the business, built in house until the mid 80s, then outsourced. So yours could be one of the last in house or first of the outsourced.
Harry was Tom Simpson's mechanic, so had a phenomenal reputation in the Manchester bike scene. The Hanging Ditch shop was fantastic, I bought an Eldridge Grade from them in 91, they had Klein Attitudes in, as well as the full Marin range. Plus a great class cabinet of shiny things. The shop was regularly threatened with closure by the fire brigade as there was so much stuff rammed in there.

Post bomb (the IRA unfortunately left the abomination that is the Arndale pretty much intact sadly) the shop moved several times until it ended up under the arches where it still is. They no longer sell HH badged frames, that seemed to coincide with the bombing. I would not hold out much hope of getting any help from the current shop staff, I've stopped going in there as customers seem to be an unwelcome interruption for the staff.
Harry died a few years back, the great and good of British Cycling turning out to give him a fitting send off. Shame he didn't get to see a Brit win yellow on the Champs Elysées

It was Harry My father has to thank for his wheel building skills (and more to be fair), from 77/8 to 83.

Its in a good home with me. Have been riding the nuts off it as its so nicely balanced for an early Brit frame.

Re: Harry Hall

I was pretty tempted by this, glad it's gone to a good home and is exceeding (?) expectations!

Interesting to hear about welding 531 - I had heard you couldn't (various comments on it here viewtopic.php?t=184821 ) but I guess maybe it can be done, carefully, if your frame builder says so.

Nice to see my blue 87 kili referenced. That is also 531 and not lugged but saracen described it as "smooth brazed". Doesn't really look like fillet brazing and given that's the accepted term for what is a high end technique I assume there's a difference. Anyone know? Maybe your HH is the same...? Close ups herehttp://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vi ... 3&start=10

Back