1986 Fisher Mt. Tam

Re:

Holy moly, that looks like its just rolled out of the showroom! Amazing that these finds are still around, mostly in the US of course. :D

The frame construction and under-BB cable guides look identical to my '88 Teesdale Mt. Tam.

Just lovely....

Re:

One of my favourite bikes on here. I could stare at that bottom bracket cluster for hours :cool:

Re:

Thanks for the comments all and I fee the same way. I regularly find myself stopping to stare at some detail point while crossing the garage. While I can't take credit for build or condition (except cleaning), I am a happy owner. Not quite enough patina for this months bike of the month, but there are a couple of paint chips in the pictures.

I put in some time on the Mombat website and think it is a 1986 model with a couple of hold overs from the 1985 bike including XT shifters and RM 25 rims.'

I agree with raidan73, I can just stare at the bottom bracket. In fact, I wonder if I should start a "Show us your fillet brazed bottom bracket clusters" somewhere on the site.

Thanks again for the interest and comments, NDA

Re:

One question ,

Excuse me if this sounds a bit dumbass , bot looking at the headset , it's threaded , yet the stem/handlebar clamps on it as an A-Head stem would fix ?
It was built before my mtb interest , so I don't know much about the design . I'm curious ,

Mike

Re:

Hello Mike,

There is a stub brazed on to the top of the fork tube, above the headset, that the bullmoose bar clamps on to. I have seen them on some of the old Ritchey Bikes in pictures. The fork is noted in the MOMBAT specs for the 1986 Mt. Tam as "Cro-Mo w/ bar stub". I did not remove the bars while cleaning it up, but will try and pull them and take a picture soon. There is an old thread at MTBR regarding them: http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 12476.html

NDA

Back