1985 Eddy Merckx, Full Original Campag Groupset, Immaculate

Ben Rockett

Retro Newbie
I have a 1985 hand-built, Eddy Merckx, 56cm road bike with full original Campagnolo groupset for sale. It is in wonderful condition. Please get in touch and I can email you detailed images.

The bike used to belong to my running coach, a former US marathon coach who gave it to me when I was injured out of the running team. However I didn't use it (It's too small) and have kept it safe since then. He acquired the bike for pacing the runners on their longer training sessions.

I am a sponsored rider and play around with modern machines, although I would love to see this go to a home where the rider will appreciate it for what it is - a wonderful piece of kit and history.

Please do get in touch if you want any further information.

Many thanks

Ben Rockett

Land's End - John o'Groats -Land's End Record Holder

Attachments

• j 020.jpg
    j 020.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,406
  • j 007.jpg
    j 007.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,406
wow. stunning. and a record holder in the house to boot, I doff my cap to you sir (though just how you can refrain from riding that beauty all these years I don't know!)

Ben, I watched your LEJOGLE on your website when you did it - fantastic acheivement - well done. If this bike fitted I'd be all over it!

Thanks for following the ride! There are several more attempts at the record this summer, so I hope someone can make it back even faster.

Seems I've missed lots of information from this pitch (you can most likely tell I'm new to this!). Location: I'm split between Bath and London so I can get the bike to either of those very easily.

Price: I'll be totally honest in saying I have no idea what it's worth, but the groupset has attracted a great deal of attention. An offer of just over £1000 was made, but I'm open to suggestions.

(Someone kindly tell me if that's unrealistic!!).

I've really not ridden it much due to the sizing, but have raced it on one occasion through the Westcountry. If you're wanting it to ride, it's super comfortable.

Ben

It's a lovely bike, in a good size..... It's tricky to say what it's worth, as that is subjective..... It's Definately worth what the other guy offered in parts alone IMHO, but it would be a shame to split it. Hopefully someone richer than me will buy it to keep and treasure.... I think it's special!

As to your record.... Chapeaux!!

I did a quick fag packet calculation, and it's about 300 miles a day for 6 days.... You must of had a mangina after that!!!
:0)

Back