1985 Cunningham Racer

cyclotoine":2dfsbtzy said:
shinning it up would be great, but filing the welds would be defacing it. It is a piece of history.

I have just written to the International Council of Racial Stereotypes and Generalisations and asked them to add Canada to 'countries that don't get sarcasm'. Ratification will probably take a week.

pete_mcc":2ia48le1 said:
High shine polish and file off those unsightly welds. Make it look like a Cannondale.

Aspirational photo:

progression-3.jpg

That would be criminal! why on earth would he do that!!

pete_mcc":2nd1lwun said:
cyclotoine":2nd1lwun said:
shinning it up would be great, but filing the welds would be defacing it. It is a piece of history.

I have just written to the International Council of Racial Stereotypes and Generalisations and asked them to add Canada to 'countries that don't get sarcasm'. Ratification will probably take a week.

I think unofficial ratification arrived in the post above.

pete_mcc":k2vuupi7 said:
cyclotoine":k2vuupi7 said:

As you should well know, it is difficult to convey sarcasm through text on the internet. :facepalm:

though the double Canadian post taking it seriously is pretty hilarious.

glad i didn't chime in till now, as it would have made three! :LOL:

seriously, how do you detect sarcasm through text??? particularly without any emoticons???

:LOL:

Lovely details- the line of the gusset on the tt is beautiful. Whats the deal with the cable hanger?

I'd like to see a side on photo not in the bike stand- its throwing all the angles out!

RockiMtn":3nxmk15k said:
seriously, how do you detect sarcasm through text??? particularly without any emoticons???

It's called context - file a Cunningham? And surely a photo of a Cannondale next to the word 'aspirational' should have been clue enough?

Sadly I can't use emoticons as my mother was killed by a yellow faced man who winked as he stabbed her. I have suffered from emotiphobia ever since.

pete_mcc":ndhf9z3e said:
RockiMtn":ndhf9z3e said:

It's called context - file a Cunningham? And surely a photo of a Cannondale next to the word 'aspirational' should have been clue enough?

Sadly I can't use emoticons as my mother was killed by a yellow faced man who winked as he stabbed her. I have suffered from emotiphobia ever since.

you're assuming EVERYONE would clearly understand the "context" of your comments, but considering three people didn't (us all being Canadians was coincidental, i think??? :facepalm:), that CLEARLY was not the case. :roll: who is to say you didn't REALLY think the rough welds shouldn't have been filed down and polished and that you had some strong idolization of Cannondales? it's not like we've met you and/or know you personally.

it's sometimes hard enough to detect sarcasm from speech annotation/vocal inflections, let alone trying to read between the lines of text. :p

On the plus front it's good to know that while filing the welds of a Cunningham is frowned on, anodising it in Storm is OK. There is the line in the taste sand, I crossed it...

Latest posts

Back