1985/6 De Rosa SLX Professional

rjc87

Retro Newbie
Bit of a bitsa as I had some parts arriving for another build when this frame popped up:

- 1985/6 De Rosa SLX Professional original paint decals
- 2016 Campagnolo Veloce Cranks group - modern graphics removed and C Record style applied to cranks and rear derailleur
- Dia Compe Extra pull friction dt shifters easily get through all 10 gears (very finite adjustment needed!)
- C Record Era Triomphe aero pedals clips and straps
- Campagnolo Triomphe S1 non aero levers w/ gum hoods NOS
- Cinelli XA stem
- Cinelli Giro 64 bars - 42
- Campagnolo Omega 19 NOS w/ veloflex master tyres
- Campagnolo record rear hub/ Campagnolo front hub
- San Marco Saddle
:)

Re:

That looks great to me, always fancied doing something like that, how's the ride?

Re:

I like the way you treated the graphics on the cranks and derailleur.

Can you supply further details of how you did it?

Re:

Rides brilliantly actually .... getting through the 10 sprockets has been okay. Each ride it gets easier and there is a lot less room to be slightly out as the chain plates touch the next sprocket if you are. A more delicate hand needed but starts to become second nature.

I used acetone (nail polish remover) from the hardware store cotton tips and some light scrubbing. But the acetone does not affect the aluminum/anodizing and so it was relatively easy.

They're actually stickers; albeit very high quality unless you had your face right down at them you wouldn't tell.

Cyclo Mondo http://cyclomondo.net - campagnolo c record rescue kit is what you're looking for.

Cheers.

Back