1984 Motobecane Mt Becane

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ha....I did see that, its on my watch list.......shame its scruffy, but would polish up i guess. I'm not in a hurrry...but checking past auctions they don't come up in that size very often.

might offer £10 if it doesn't sell.

Ha....I did see that, its on my watch list.......shame its scruffy, but would polish up i guess. I'm not in a hurrry...but checking past auctions they don't come up in that size very often.

might offer £10 if it doesn't sell.

Although.....now I've made the mistake of checking the spec sheet and original seatpost was an SR CTP5E which is slightly different looking, more raked as the flutes are slanted rather than in-line?, probably in reality makes no difference & chances of finding that exact one in the right size are slim I imagine ......I found a picture of one (in a 27 size) so made a comparison below of it and the one one ebay...will keep checking the listings.

SEATPOSTS.png

What does the stem actually look like, has that got some kind of weird cover thing going on…?!

@velofrog ....its at work and I'm finishd for Xmas now so can't take a pic until the new year, but its very nice looking, like an aluminium fist from the front, i have removed the black pad as prefer it without (but will save the pad obviously..)....

heres a pic of someone elses, doesn't really do it justice though:

Untitled 11.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 16.59.14.png

It looks great and much cleaner, the reflectors were kind of cool though.

They were...and I've kept them...also the wheel ones were just so massive they were distracting!

I also set-up the front cantis correctly so it now has a decent front brake.....

Sorry for reviving an old thread. I picked one of these up today for not much. A tad scrappy but will clean up just fine. It’s basically what today’s resto-modders are trying to achieve with retro MTBs and BMX bars; just 40 years ahead of the trend. Extremely French. Extremely cool. This one will most likely get a bit of an overhaul before I get to ride it.

IMG_9817.jpeg

p.s. the original saddle is an Avocet Touring in case anyone is interested. And there’s another thread on here somewhere from 2020 with catalogue/ad scans.

Hi @Walterscot

Thread above is my MT Becane or was as I offloaded it as although rideable the frame was just too big.....I liked the handlebars, reminded me of back in the day adding BMX bars to my bomber for that kind of vibe. The catalog spec were a handy thing to see.

Looks like a nice one you have there. V cool....

Last edited:
Back