1984 Claud Butler Majestic. #058569

Such a lovely afternoon, I thought it would be criminal not have a quick run around our training loop, to my surprise fastest time yet!
although I'm not sure if I'm getting fitter or that with all the extra kit on I'm just going downhill faster! (51.2kph!)

Silly pump kept falling off over the rough bits so thats going on the 'just for show' shelf. and I couldnt get used to the plain flat Lyotard 490d pedals so put the Lyotard quils with christophe clips back on....

Attachments

• Claud Butler Majestic 1984.jpeg
    Claud Butler Majestic 1984.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 1,294
That looks like a perfect setup and glad to hear that it's getting used as it should :)
It does look, well, majestic ;)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":f6cu2wvs said:
That looks like a perfect setup and glad to hear that it's getting used as it should :)
It does look, well, majestic ;)

Jamie

Cheers Jamie,
Ready for an eighties theme month, do you think?

Re:

Absolutely beautiful bike!
Whereabouts in East Yorkshire are you, I'd love to see my Raleigh Zenith out with your bike.

Near Driffield, Billy no mates when it comes to steel retro road cycling. When is your next organised ride?

Re:

I've stopped organising any to be honest but I'll see about putting a road ride on soon, there's a couple of guys local to me with retro road bikes now.

Re: Re:

chrisv40":2l2r0pne said:
I've stopped organising any to be honest but I'll see about putting a road ride on soon, there's a couple of guys local to me with retro road bikes now.

Count me in.... :cool:

:xmas-wink: So I thought I’d take Madge out for a spin, to help clear some indigestion as much as anything, when half way round my little (9 mile) exercise loop something went crunch. :facepalm: no idea what it was but it sounded and felt horrible, like a coffee grinder!
After a pleasant four and half mile walk home I whipped the rear wheel off and found this failed ball bearing... I’ve never had one go before, made a bit of a mess :facepalm:

Attachments

• 903E9FA9-B408-46E5-A9E8-757A27F44315.jpeg
    903E9FA9-B408-46E5-A9E8-757A27F44315.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,070
Shame about the walk but at least you found what it was and hopefully didn't cause any lasting damage.

Jamie

What I didn’t mention the other day was the state of the grease in my Majestic.... when Jimmy I started the Father & Son project back in January, I found a grease/bike lubricant for sale in Halfords that claimed to be better for the environment, “Pure” ever heard of it/tried it? Seemed fine throughout the Summer but in cold weather it’s just gone hard!
I think it must have been a contributing factor for this ball failure... needless to say it’s all been replaced!!!! :facepalm:

Attachments

• 4BE6D55A-FE70-44FB-9716-70B007DAA441.jpeg
    4BE6D55A-FE70-44FB-9716-70B007DAA441.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 1,023
Back