1982 Salsa Scoboni #5 "Restoration" *Final Photos Page 11*

The lastest video in our museum series features Ross Shafer and Salsa #5.

Enjoy and let me know what your favorite part of the video was!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHUi2cO2kik&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Re:

A real character. Never heard the legend before. Love the 82 Scobon,i so far ahead of its time :cool:

Such a cool guy, no Industry bullshit, no massive claims about (re-)inventing the wheel, no bitterness. When I got my '89 A la Carte in 2003 (I think) I tracked Ross down on the internet and sent him an email asking if he had any old decals as I planned to replace the damaged ones on my down tube, he said 'sure', asked for my address, said good luck and about a month later an envelope with a stack of decals turned up at my house with a note. He'd been 6/7 years out of the business but he still had the time and generosity to send some 20 year old stickers half way round the world at his expense. Awesome.

Re:

great video, I could spend hours just looking at all the shit on the walls (way cool stuff) before you even get to the bikes
can only imagine what those walls must have looked like "pre- Clean up" :shock:

He comes across as one of those guys you could spend all afternoon with, it would go by in flash and you'd have only scratched the surface.

far too often the people you admire often turn out to be a-holes and leave you wishing you'd never met them
whilst I could never say Ross was up there on my hero list, the guys comes across as being a genuine guy with a phenomenal talent

Re: Re:

M-Power":14acqgl9 said:
A real character. Never heard the legend before. Love the 82 Scobon,i so far ahead of its time :cool:

^^ was that humour, as its gone over my head if it was.

Am I missing something :oops: , Unless you were born in the late 90's there's no way even on these shores that you could have gone through life without having seen a Salsa or at least some Salsa kit surly

Re:

the video made me go down the basement and hug the salsa. such a great character he is. so down to earth with a great sense of humor.

Back