1962 Raleigh gran sport/ man on bike decals

....never seen that decal before is it a Raleigh export job? if so chances are it will be a special commission to be made up, you could try << http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cyclomondo >> as they do a wide range and I believe do the artwork themselves, good luck
Griff

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was expecting the Gold coloured 80's Gran Sport with the Nuovo Gran Sport gears etc. This one has the 'standard' Carlton/Raleigh/BSA/Sun style frame with the wrapover seat stay arrangement and original GS gears. Can't say I've seen this variant before. The one in the photos is in lovely condition with the anodised GB bars, brake levers etc.

Any more details about it?

EDIT - just had another look and remembered that the style of chainset was fitted to the 'Blue Streak' model from the early 60's so that probably dates it to 1962 as stated.

I've also had another thought that around '62 was when Campag were introducing the Record gear set so perhaps Raleigh were able to source GS mechs etc. at a competitive price and put them on mainstream bikes.

Thanks for the reply's guys. Not my bike in the link, but mine is the same spec's and hopefully the same condition when finished!

Have tried H Lloyds with no luck.

Have just painted the frame and fork will get some photos up soon

Tell me to suck eggs.....but have you emailed the guy from flickr to ask if he knows where that frame was restored? Although it's new to him, i assume it's been restored by someone at somepoint. Maybe he could put you in touch with the ebay seller. Long shot, i know, but i think its worth asking the question.

no man on bike decal I'm afraid but this vendor has a standard 1962 Raleigh Gran Sport set:
<< http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1962-Raleigh- ... 20d24beee7 >>
....out of interest can anyone enlighten me if the racing cyclist is meant to be anyone in particular (definitely not Reg Harris) or is it just a caricature?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back