1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur #9081 (Entente cordiale)

Time for an end of weekend round up & reveal…. Brakes to be detailed, bars can’t be mounted until the shim turns up, wheels are waiting for spokes…

Attachments

• 1961 Super Coureur (2).jpeg
    1961 Super Coureur (2).jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 425
Re:

Wow! Stunning!
Once again a really beautiful build. Look forward to seeing it all come together. I would also imagine with such nice components it will have a ride to match.

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":2vnefvt5 said:
Wow! Stunning!
Once again a really beautiful build. Look forward to seeing it all come together. I would also imagine with such nice components it will have a ride to match.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie... I'm hoping with the more modern kit she will be easier to ride than the Jubilee and hopefully easier up the hills than the Majestic, as she's weighing in considerably lighter.

Re:

Very very nice but I thought you were banned from all polishing operations?

Deffo looking forward to seeing the finished article

Re: Re:

allenh":4b5lxgtg said:
Very very nice but I thought you were banned from all polishing operations?

Deffo looking forward to seeing the finished article

The ban won’t be enforced until next weekend when I’m on holiday in Cornwall :p

:? Once upon a time, a business trip enforced night in a Premier Inn would mean a proper session in the bar…. But these days its polishing and colouring in! :facepalm:

Attachments

• Mafac Racers.jpeg
    Mafac Racers.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 367
PeachyPM":2qnblb7c said:
:? Once upon a time, a business trip enforced night in a Premier Inn would mean a proper session in the bar…. But these days its polishing and colouring in! :facepalm:

Ha Ha. Those Premier Inn bars are not what they used to be.

The racers look very pretty as well.

allenh":2doqxqv7 said:
PeachyPM":2doqxqv7 said:

Ha Ha. Those Premier Inn bars are not what they used to be.

The racers look very pretty as well.

Running out of time before the "Velo ban" ....starting to panic :shock:

Last few progress shots before I’m off on my family holiday. Me and Jim have found a few bike hire shops on t’inter-web so not every day will be spent on the beach!

Attachments

• Huret Shifters.jpeg
    Huret Shifters.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Bars Taped.jpeg
    Bars Taped.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 305
Very pleased with my Blue “GB Paris” end plugs and for once I got the Brooks embossing straight and on top!

Love these old Mafac gum hoods, any ideas on softening/preserving? Vaseline has been suggested but I’m worried that might be too aggressive.

Attachments

• GB Paris & Brooks.jpeg
    GB Paris & Brooks.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 300
  • Mafac Gums.jpeg
    Mafac Gums.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 300
Back