1960 W. F. Holdsworth Hurricane

Re:

And a rolling chassis, ready to start thinking about colours...

Attachments

• DBC677C0-2850-40BE-9977-5398CDC53DE4.jpeg
    DBC677C0-2850-40BE-9977-5398CDC53DE4.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 714
Bit of a picture over load!

The NOS post I have is 26.4 but not fluted. Also looks like it was tried in a frame for size so not quite NOS but still in the packet.... £10 if you're interested

Gian Roberts single gear lever NOS - the writing on the band is upside for some reason - £15

Gran Sport rear mech - needs a good clean - £25

Mafac brakes - need a polish and pads - £20

GB Coureur brakes - One has been cleaned and polished the other is to be done - £30

Let me know if you're interested in anything and we'll talk properly about prices

Re:

Nice components! Will have a proper look later but first thoughts are those GB Coureur brakes look nice but am guessing I’ll need steerer and rear post cable guides?
The frame hasn’t got a rear mech hanger so that lovely RD I don’t think is going to work?
Sorry for the dumb questions, all this early-ish kit is new to me :(

I have a NOS stock hanger for the rear mech:

Yes if you want centre pulls you'll have to have a hanger on the headset and seat bolt. Not sure how readily available they are in all honesty. I may have some but not 100% sure.

And no worries on dumb questions, my knowledge is vague for this era

Re:

Morning. What sort of price would you be looking for on the GB brakes, RD and the hanger?
Would need posting (unless you’re near Reading or thereabouts?)
I think I’ve tracked down a seat post and a Campagnolo DT shifter and matching band?
cheers
Richard

Re:

That sounds very fair... however have had the estimate for new front discs and pads on my car this morning.
Am going to have to put things on hold for a bit.
I’m sorry :(

No worries, I paid out £240 for mine at the beginning of the month hence raiding the parts bin to try to raise some funds!

The rear mech won’t be going anywhere but the brakes are on eBay as a buy it now for £35.

Back