14 lbs Serotta T-Max...

Re: My Pace fork weight..

R_U_KIDDING_ME?":14arpety said:
I swiss cheesed the cro-mo inner stanchions for another 1/4 of a pound.

Can it be safely ridden off-road? I'm sure Pace removed all the weight they safely could from those forks when they made them. Weight reduction for the sake of weight reduction doesn't really have much to do with mountain biking.

Why not swap the headset and stem to an ahead system and save some more weight...

EDIT in fact I would put some rigid Pace forks on with the new stem and headset and it looks like it would be a fantastic rider- whatever the weight.

Re: My Pace fork weight..

R_U_KIDDING_ME?":nqcqp0ty said:
gm1230126":nqcqp0ty said:
Caramba Kid":nqcqp0ty said:
mikesnowdon":nqcqp0ty said:
...and the Pace fork at 861g ??? How?

:?

Exactly, only way to shave 400g off RC35 is swap the legs for
RC30 rigids :LOL:

That maybe true but 400g does not equal 6 pounds and I'm guessing he's off near that much ;)

I added a aluminum steerer tube which saved almost a 1/2 of a pound, changed all bolts to aluminum which saved a little over a 1/4 pound, aluminum brake bosses which saved a tiny bit of weight, TiTanium spring upgrade that didn't any weight and I swiss cheesed the cro-mo inner stanchions for another 1/4 of a pound.

Hi Petr.

Could you maybe take some photos and possibly post more detail on what you did to save weight on the bike? Pics of parts on the scales would be nice.

FOS

The T-max is one of the fastest bikes I have ever ridden but never that light

It has a sprinkle of fairy dus on it beause it was alot faster than my S/works steel bike which was oh so good in its day

My klein has cost me ££££££££££££££s and is a far lighter build than that :LOL: :LOL: If that weighs 14lbs then I am a super model size 0 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think that there is a scott team that weighs just under 15 about 14.6 or something :shock: But I would not feel safe using it off road :oops:

cheers, good to see an 18 year old Klein near the top of the list :)

the lightest being 12lbs inc. front suspension :shock:
would love to have a go on it

Back