$12,750 Klein

did Klein normally have a stem with cable hanger then completely ignore it?

Better to ignore it with a suspension fork 😜

Not sure what the seller is thinking, up until now they had somewhat overpriced bikes, but this is just ridiculous. On their website they at least state "make an offer".

Paint scheme is original "Team Storck" (bike tech/Markus Storck, German importer of Klein und other US bikes). Always looked like they put together leftovers, but there are some (obviously colour blind) fans.

On a sidenote: Mr Storck later fell from grace with Mr Klein, accusations of copying designs, just like he did with his version of Cook´s cranks, Grafton brakes, Ringlé skewers, the Turner Burner frames ... he´s an infamous figure. Allegedly Chris Chance once called him "greatest asshole on earth".

Better to ignore it with a suspension fork 😜

Not sure what the seller is thinking, up until now they had somewhat overpriced bikes, but this is just ridiculous. On their website they at least state "make an offer".

Paint scheme is original "Team Storck" (bike tech/Markus Storck, German importer of Klein und other US bikes). Always looked like they put together leftovers, but there are some (obviously colour blind) fans.

On a sidenote: Mr Storck later fell from grace with Mr Klein, accusations of copying designs, just like he did with his version of Cook´s cranks, Grafton brakes, Ringlé skewers, the Turner Burner frames ... he´s an infamous figure. Allegedly Chris Chance once called him "greatest asshole on earth".

Yer ok, I realised my comment only makes sense if you think about it backwards. did the stem come first or the fork. :)

still not for me, a bit to lairy.

To be honest I would rather pay 12 grand for an absolutely battered Klein because I would be so scared to ride it. As soon as you sling your leg over this it halves the price, from there on every km you ride takes 1p of its price

To be honest I would rather pay 12 grand for an absolutely battered Klein because I would be so scared to ride it. As soon as you sling your leg over this it halves the price, from there on every km you ride takes 1p of its price
Then treat it like a new car: Steep depreciation over the first two years irrespective of riding one day or 730 days, followed by five more years of standard depreciation then around the 8 to 10 year mark it starts appreciating again because of rarity. So by 2035 or so you could have ridden it and taken care of it then sell it for what you bought it for (or more on ebay). ;)

Last edited:
Paint is all chipped at the bottom of the headtube. Wouldn’t normally nitpick stuff like that but that price and the claims about the condition. Seems really odd to have a seemingly mint/original bike but manage to chip the paint installing a headset?

*makes mental note to put freezer bag on saddle next bike I sell for extra £££££

Does anyone here message sellers to tell them their prices are retarded? I mean asking 12,500 for a bike with obvious issues to the claims otherwise surely warrants telling the seller personally that he is on another planet, no?

Back