1080p HD graphics cards...

Bike Hoarder":macfb8w8 said:
Thanks folks, think i'm going to try the screen first. All this technical computer talk is scaring me!! :shock:

The only thing that made me think about graphics cards, is, to get the best from an HD screen surely i need to use an HDMI cable? :?

You'll be using DVI out and at the least VGA out.

Post what computer you have though, it is VERY hard to advise when not knowing what the person already has.
You may not have DVI ;)

HDMI is really just DVI with audio, you don't needed it as you Monitor has no audio. HDMI is for TV's, Video and such... In a computer is ok, but its being super-seeded by DisplayPort at the moment.

DVI has been around for a long time now, but that monitor seems quite bog standard, no idea of it's quality as I've not looked in to it for a while (so go read some reviews if there are any, it might not have good colours which is something you seem to be wanting, it might though and be a bargain)
Oh and it doesn't have HDMI connections so no point worrying about it ;)
The monitor should come with all the relevant cables, well mine have.

There must be a some 22" monitors are over £200 and others are around £100. The colours and definition do vary quite a lot between them.

Have a look here, I have used these guys for years and they always have very good deals and a good selection.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Searc ... -Monitors/

They have a 24" for £132!

As Fluffy said though, you'll need to read some monitor reviews to get the best deal.

Back