“Stumpjumper” frame - or is it ?

Repacker

Specialized Fan
Definitely resprayed, but the seat stay rack eyelets were a Rockhopper not a Stumpjumper feature by the time Specializeds had the cable noodle.

1675798741479.png

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yep, probably a Rockhopper looking at it with those rack eyelets. With those rear dropouts it's probably '93-'96 :)

well...

they cant all be fake!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Ahh.. but I think the OP was referring to the mounts on the seatstays and not the dropouts ;)

As an aside, is that Team frame the one on Ebay being sold for squillions?

Definitely resprayed, but the rack eyelets were a Rockhopper not a Stumpjumper feature

View attachment 703745
I’m the eBay seller of that frame. I was just going by the name decaled on the downtube. As soon as I discovered it might not be a Stumpjumper, I pulled the listing. I’ve been told that if I include some more detailed photos, some knowledgeable folk here, might be able to ID model and year? With the respray of this frame, the frame number isn’t easily read, but I believe it’s: P 436356

More detailed photos:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Could you provide accurate measurements of the frame too?
Seat tube - centre to centre then centre to top
Top Tube - centre to centre
The weight of the frame and forks might help too.

These could all be used by the groups in these forums to compare with our / other Rockhoppers and Stumpys of that era to help narrow this down.

By the mid 90s the Stumpjumper serial numbers began with the two digits of the year rather than a letter. Not sure if this was the same for Rockhoppers.

I think judging by the fact it's got a threaded steerer and rack mounts, it's more likely to be a rockhopper.

Stumpjumpers were threadless at that point and shouldn't have rack mounts

Back