‘91 Orbit Fillet Brazed SnowCat!

Turns out the bike is from 2000/2001. Good news is that the seller is in contact with the original owner (his brother) so more pics and info relating to the bikes original spec should be coming to the listing, or failing that I'll share anything here.
The frame was built specifically for the Alaska expedition and parts were chosen based on lessons learned during a previous trip. So for anyone wanting a tried and tested snow capable bike then this might be a great and unique project to base it on.

Had further correspondence with the seller. No pics yet as his brother is away, however some more background.

The bike was built for an extreme endurance race called 'I Did a Sport Impossible Adventure race' widely considered to be the worlds toughest, 1100 miles across an arctic wasteland. This bike and its rider, Andrew, were one of only two that successfully completed the event. The bike and Andrew feature in a film called 'A Thin White line', unfortunately the only version online is pretty low res and there are no close ups of the bike, however the bike is there and the story behind the bikes journey is quite moving actually, incredible levels of resilience and determination to complete the ordeal in honour of a lost friend.

If you're interested in watching just for the bike then you need to jump to the second half, like I said no close ups sadly, we'll have to wait for some photos to see the bike in detail during the race.

Fascinating story and a rich history come with this bike, it's a proven race winner that withstood the worst nature could throw at it. While many other bikes fell apart or needed drastic emergency trailside repairs this one sailed through all the way to the finish line without any issues. It's bkes like this that make the sport and this hobby what it is

Last edited:
Had further correspondence with the seller. No pics yet as his brother is away, however some more background.

The bike was built for an extreme endurance race called 'I Did a Sport Impossible Adventure race' widely considered to be the worlds toughest, 1100 miles across an arctic wasteland. This bike and its rider, Andrew, were one of only two that successfully completed the event. The bike and Andrew feature in a film called 'A Thin White line', unfortunately the only version online is pretty low res and there are no close ups of the bike, however the bike is there and the story behind the bikes journey is quite moving actually, incredible levels of resilience and determination to complete the ordeal in honour of a lost friend.

If you're interested in watching just for the bike then you need to jump to the second half, like I said no close ups sadly, we'll have to wait for some photos to see the bike in detail during the race.

Fascinating story and a rich history come with this bike, it's a proven race winner that withstood the worst nature could throw at it. While many other bikes fell apart or needed drastic emergency trailside repairs this one sailed through all the way to the finish line without any issues. It's bkes like this that make the sport and this hobby what it is

Couldn't spot the exact bike in this....but very interesting film......hardcore.

Back