£1000 to spend on a new bike...

ROCK LOBSTER SINGLESPEED

Ive attached a pic of my ride 2 work scheme framset on the forum somewere.!!! :( .Its on bike of month vote thingy attached to my last post .. :D Ill post up some pics on here when shes finished...Sort of a retroish build but with modern convenience :D

Yep

Full 08 XT GROUP, MAVIC CROSSRIDE WHEELS, AVID JUICY 7'S, RACEFACE KIT,REBA SL'S...... thing is i got a singlespeed frame so need to get full build fot it.. :( was gonna sell the XT but its far too cool ...So i parted out with some old kit o fund it :D

I think Evans might be part of it too .
I need to find out if my employer are though .

thats why i am wondering if anyone got one thrugh someone else is there a check they do or what has anyone bought through family or friend on the scheme

computerbitz":1rx1b2b6 said:
thats why i am wondering if anyone got one thrugh someone else is there a check they do or what has anyone bought through family or friend on the scheme

The government doesn't check, but individual employers might. You'll need to talk to whoever is getting you the bike and see if they can make some discreet enquirees with their scheme organiser.

already asked them to but they not in till end of the week, can this be done through the uni's aswell as i got a mate might look at doing through uni for himself if they do

Re: Yep

slimjoe":3ogr7kp9 said:
Full 08 XT GROUP, MAVIC CROSSRIDE WHEELS, AVID JUICY 7'S, RACEFACE KIT,REBA SL'S...... thing is i got a singlespeed frame so need to get full build fot it.. :( was gonna sell the XT but its far too cool ...So i parted out with some old kit o fund it :D

Kool, i ordered mine back in June so got the 07 XT, shame cos the adjustable shifter mounts would have been usefull. Wasn't too fussed on the Shadow mech, but it looks good. CF reinforced chainrings are also a touch :cool:

Did you get a SS frame and full groupo then, so Merlin sent it out in bits?

Re: Yep

Tallpaul":38f8u7pz said:
slimjoe":38f8u7pz said:

Kool, i ordered mine back in June so got the 07 XT, shame cos the adjustable shifter mounts would have been usefull. Wasn't too fussed on the Shadow mech, but it looks good. CF reinforced chainrings are also a touch :cool:

Did you get a SS frame and full groupo then, so Merlin sent it out in bits?

Yea i know merlin lads so i arranged it in bits :D
Be nice to get it all singlespeeded up...Plus i genuinely am using it for work :shock:

Attachments

• split single-cab 001.jpg
    split single-cab 001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 909
Back