Ribble Road bike, mint condition - mostly brand new!

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ribble framed custom built road bike - need to sell to fund my new MTB!

I built this up probably just over a month ago with using mainly brand new parts, I fancied a road bike but I later discovered that it isn’t really for me so I want to sell it on now whilst it’s still in immaculate condition and put the money towards a new mountain bike.

The frame I picked up second hand and it is in very good condition, the previous owner had bought it as a temporary replacement for his bike as it had been stolen and he was waiting on insurance replacement so it only saw a few months of light road riding

All the parts except the frame, bars, stem and saddle are brand new, however, these used parts are in 9 out of 10 condition so they are pretty immaculate also.

It is lightweight and fast, it’s only been ridden round the block to test brakes/gears etc so it has very little milage on it – mint condition

It would make a great commuter/posh winter trainer, or a fast race machine

Spec:Frame: Ribble 7005 Aolly, approx. 3.5lbs in weight, it’s a S/M with a 50cm seat tube, I am 5 foot 10 and it fits me but I think that’s about the limit, I could maybe be better off with a 52, it would probably suit someone from 5 foot 4 – 10 I guess, stem could always be changed at a later date to enhance/reduce reach.

Fork: full carbon Columbus tusk light with carbon steerer – very lightWheels:

Mavic Aksium Race with Michelin Lithion folding tyres – very light and fast wheel set, the free hub is very crisp and clicks nicely

Bars and stem came from a Giant road bike which a friend of mine owned

Saddle: Charge scoop, seat post is unbranded but is nice quality with a good clamp on top

Groupset is full shimano Sora 2x9 set up, all works nicely, much nicer than the old sora stuff, very crisp and smooth!

Please note that the pedals, bottle cage, bag and pump are NOT included in the sale, generally roadies have their own pedals, the ones I have pictured are flat commuter pedals which I want to hang onto

All in all this has cost £800 plus to build, a bike of this spec, especially with this wheel set and forks would be over £1000 from a bike shop

Collection from Salisbury or Winchester can be arranged, I can deliver it locally for a small fee also, please give me a call/text if you require any more info or would like to come and have a look at the bike/test ride etc

My number is 07730562909

looking for £525.... any takers? it's a lovely bike! :xmas-cool:

Back