GT LTS 2000 project

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
retrobike noob...hi everyone.

got a project for the summer and was directed over here by a chap at work.

haven't really had much of a proper inspection yet as the weather's been awful down here, and work gets in the way. hopefully that will change over the weekend.

wheels aren't in the pic, but i have them too, and as far as i can tell, they're original.

bike_1.jpg

hoping to tap you lot up for some advice and wisdom as i've never done this sort of thing before

cheers! :D

not at all.

completely new to this so not sure if i got a good deal, but it was £50 all in

BobCatMax":2is8u0ge said:
not at all.

completely new to this so not sure if i got a good deal, but it was £50 all in

£50 all in is a good price, parts alone are worth more than that ;)

Good luck and keep us updated!

*AJ*":1h8p88im said:
Not bad price at all mate that, I'd of paid it....

A place called BETD do replacement frame bearings/bushings, should you have any play or squeaks in the rear end.

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk ... Sts+spares

haha, funny that..Spoke to Quest in Worthing today (just up the road from me) and Darren recommended the very same place AJ!

The guy i bought it off did tell me that one of the bolts had gone from the suspension arm, so i've already ordered a replacement pair..should be arriving tomorrow, so i might get to have a little ride...yay.

Pickle":1h8p88im said:
Good luck and keep us updated!

Thanks Pickle :D to say i'm a little bit excited is an understatement. I just hope i manage to do it justice and have the patience to finish it properly, lol.

I'd would have paid that as well. Good find. You'll sink a lot more than the original price a few times over by the time your finished! :twisted:

Hello mate.

I have a GT LTS project on the go right now. Check out my entry in the 97 section of this forum. I'm coming back to mountain biking after a break of a few years so alot is new to me now! I'll keep an eye on your project and if I can help you in any way let me know m8!

You got a good deal for 50 quid. Good luck.

Steve.

Thanks Steve :D

these arrived in the post today..

03%20-%20Lts%20horst%20links%20(medium).jpg

so in the near bl**dy dark, i managed to give that section a very quick, cursory clean and managed to popped them in to test it at last!

i was boucing around all over the place! quite easy to bottom out those front forks tho..i don't think the Manitous are what originally shipped with the bike. Are they any good? a good friend of mine says he likes them as a make, but a lot of reviews i've read say nay.

think i'll get them checked over by someone a little more professional than me anyway

bring on the daylight and the sunshine so i can get more stuff done

Latest posts

Back