Saab heading for administration?

well, I guess they became that... the one I have still has a Saab engine at least. I'm thinking more about the older ones I guess.

I've got 10p, I'll buy it.

Am I the only person watching all these 'secure' companies go belly up thats wondering why they didn't have better contingency plans in place? Did SAAB, BMW etc have risk management functions? How does a company go from making nearly $400 million yr end 2008 to begging the Swedish govt for cash in 2009?

I think that the money is still there in the GM group, but its been hidden.

900's

I liked Saab 900, but had always assumed they were rear wheel drive, mostly due to the way the engine is mounted. I was really shocked when I found out they were front wheel drive, kinda put me off.

Not sure where you get the figure of $400M profit...they've lost money for years as far as I know.
Just like Ford with Jaguar.

That's Market forces & Capitalism for you :( Companies go bust. Others get taken over by bigger companies. Supply and demand. :(

Im selling a Saab 9-3 on Ebay if anyone's interested ??? Probably go for about £100 now knowing my luck :LOL: ha ha....

All companies that manufacture big cars will go belly up, unless the governments bail them out. The writing's been on the wall for companies like Saab for years.
Although when I was a kid, my dad had a Saab 99 GL which I thought was fantastic.

Back