Ultra Retro Browning Suspension Fork (Very Rare! & Sold)

Santercruz

Retro Guru
Well here's one of my old sets of forks that I found going through some old stuff!!

These were bloody expensive at the time and came on a £1100 Fusion 0260 (Kick ass bike back in the day!) Late eighties / early 90's if I remember correctly.

These were also fitted to some Marins around the same time.

The action is similar to a cannondale headshock but has an Amp style torsion bracket.. with a nitrogen filled pressure system.. real advanced at the time and gave a surprisingly good ride!

I removed these to fit some newer forks at the time and only recently got rid of the frame etc..

These actually still work!

There's about 50-75mm available with a lock out..

Looking for £45 posted!

A real bit of rocking horse S=*t rare collectors kit..

Take it easy

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3466.JPG
    IMG_3466.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 3,090
  • IMG_3467.JPG
    IMG_3467.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 3,089
  • IMG_3462.JPG
    IMG_3462.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 3,090
  • IMG_3464.JPG
    IMG_3464.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 3,090
Remember these on the Pine Mountain in '89/90?? Nice :cool:

How does the stem/headset clamp work etc. Also, was your frame "suspension corrected"? Or will these fit to a normal frame without too much angle slackening?

Cor ,you think you've seen it all when low and behold someone surprises you
I seem to remember some french forks from 1920-30's looked very similar in the position of the pivot

Love that canti-stop though :x What were they thinking ,was it based on the designers pen :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Whats the size and length of the steerer?

Well it's 200mm to just below the top adjustment knob.. the diameter is around 1 1/4.. I'll get a close up you if you like?

The fork has less effect on the geometry of the frame than standard suspension forks.. the Girvin's I fitted to replace these did bugger the frame feel afterwards..

I did have a titanium stem especially made using IMI's finest for this fork, but sold that a few months ago on ebay.... arse.

Had the Pine Mountain SE in 1991 which this was fitted on, like the Headshok with variable damping.

I managed to bend the fork and therefore the front wheel onto the down tube whilst trying to jump a dried out stream, got it replaced by Marin. I seemed to remember both units leaked a little.

Back