Carbon 456

ChrisR

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Treated myself at long last to a new frame.

It's been 14 years since my last new frame so about time really.

18" on-one 456 carbon frame in black and red. Can't believe how light it is give how overbuilt the bottom bracket and headtube are to allow rather heavy use like the regular 456 steel frames, the carbon one came in at 1460g (3.2lb) without the rear dropouts fitted.

6EBC900F-A795-4C9C-91FA-1FBEF879A410-1637-000001354F07F805.jpg

Most parts will be donated from my current MsIsle build with the parts that won't fit being replaced.

Seatpost at the ready, thomson elite in 31.6 x 410.
73C1800E-7DDA-4427-815E-BB1E6CB3C584-1637-0000013545D0744B.jpg

Awaiting parts already ordered from chain reaction, then time to break up the MsIsle.

Nice...

I'd better pull my finger out and get mine built.

Interesting how your LH rear drop out is different to mine.... Wonder if its anything to do with yours being an 18 and mine a 20??

Looking forward to seek g where our builds go..

I have the one that positions the caliper on the seat stay rather than between the seat stay and chain stay.

Its fine by me as I'm going to be using mono m4s so was concerned if they'd fit between the stays.

Think which you get is luck of the drawer.

Hoping to get this all together by the weekend providing my chain reaction order turns up with the headset.

Hope pick and mix. Seemed the only decent quality option that hadn't had some rather questionable reviews.

Lets see it built up. :D
Having browsed bikeradar I do like seeing ow different the builds on these can be. Allows some individuality which is always a good thing.

Mine will be pretty simple for now... Look at my MsIsle build but with a different frame.

Everything else will be done in time.

Been challenged to get fit for next years mountain mayhem so lots of weight to loose and fitness to improve.

2pm finish for me today... The joy of early shift... So rather than putting a few miles in this afternoon it's straight home to play with the new bits!

Back