'Dillo Tough! - 'Chocolate' '93 Fuquay Custom. Finished!

Corduroyboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Probably paid a little too much :roll: but I couldn't resist when I got the chance to buy this Fuquay F&F. I love wishbone seatstays and the rarity and Britishness of these really appeals! :cool:
Tange Ultimate tubeset with 'ribbed' down and top tubes. Going to hang as much UK stuff on it as I can lay my hands on (and perhaps a trinket or two from the other side of the pond as an homage to its builder ;) ) After a repaint, that is!

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

Will keep this thread updated with progress.

That is beautiful!

Have you sorted out replacement decals? could be interested in getting a set for mine done too...yours has the correct era decals that mine should be sporting :oops:

Cheers
Stu

Yeah Stu, I've already got replacement stickers - they came when I bought the frame. What year is yours? - I have seen the pics of it but wondered when Greg switched from traditional stays to wishbone. Or was yours a custom made job?
I should point out that I didn't mean in my initial post to imply I was charged over the odds - I bought the F&F from a fellow Retrobiker and top bloke! I simply meant that it is out of character for me to pay anything but a miserly Yorkshire pittance for anything bike related. (In fact anything related to anything!) ;)

Pretty sure mine is an early one, in one of the MBUK specials many moons ago there was an article about Greg and a few of the bikes shown had standard seat stays....the original owner of my frame is on STW so I really should ask him I guess :D

Cheers
Stu

A Fuquay with the best of british and a few choice US components sounded familiar...

I was just reading the MTBPro where Chipps gets his smoky bacon coloured Fuquay, his spec was:

Rigid Fuquay frame and fork, same as yours
Middleburns on a Zero BB, SRP cluster and a Mavic road rear mech, XT front mech and Gripshift (SRT500)
Pauls Cross tops and Dia Compe PC5
Ritchey Vantage Pro's with Hope Ti hubs, Specialized shockmaster s and more extreme s
X Lite post, Selle Italia Mythos Carbon
Salsa stem, Control Tech bars, X Lite bar ends

Weight was 21 1/2 lbs.

Great bikes, good luck to you! :cool:

Stick Legs":pi7vh3um said:
A Fuquay with the best of british and a few choice US components sounded familiar...

I was just reading the MTBPro where Chipps gets his smoky bacon coloured Fuquay, his spec was:

Rigid Fuquay frame and fork, same as yours
Middleburns on a Zero BB, SRP cluster and a Mavic road rear mech, XT front mech and Gripshift (SRT500)
Pauls Cross tops and Dia Compe PC5
Ritchey Vantage Pro's with Hope Ti hubs, Specialized shockmaster s and more extreme s
X Lite post, Selle Italia Mythos Carbon
Salsa stem, Control Tech bars, X Lite bar ends

Weight was 21 1/2 lbs.

Great bikes, good luck to you! :cool:

Would love to see a scan of that for inspiration!
Smokey bacon! Mmmmmmmmmmmm! :LOL:

I'll see what I can do...

Chipps coiped the colour off a packet of Walkers Smokey Bacon, looks very cool actually, how about copying the colour of something else, Ribena is high on my list! :D

Back