Raleigh Yukon = cheap bottle of plonk

1997BlackC5

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Talking to my brother the other day, he is looking to buy a new Whyte hard tail & wants to make space in his shed. Said he was going to take this to the tip!

yukon.jpg

So a cheap bottle of wine latter I am the proud owner (when I next get down to his place to pick it up) :D

What do you think, worth it? Or should I have just drunk the wine?

they weren't particularly expensive back in the day but they did have reynolds tubing, 501 maybe? looks in good nick and original though.

can't complain for a cheap bottle of wine!

Why would anyone, ever, take a perfectly functioning bike to the tip? This is a great example of what is wrong with society.

It will feel a bit average to ride I'm sure but equally it will probably last twice as long as a comparable modern bike. I should think it would benefit from a lower/longer stem though.

Good save!

they need to be in a gate like size to achieve full potential
but a nice relaxed thing to ride tho

I had one BITD, was my first MTB cost £200 new and was the first and last new bike I ever owned. Loved it and only sold it a couple of years ago to make room for other bikes.

I like Yukons...

There, I said it...

The luxury one came with a 501 frame, STI, 300LX and black Alesa rims - a bit like this one.

i started on one of 'em!.......if they are smokes then theres the bottle of plonk for starters!

I like it and would have one in my shed. We see lots of exotica on this site, which is nice, but bikes like these are what a lot of us started on.
Anyone got a Kalahari :D

Cheers

Jon

Latest posts

Back