New Project - Trek Fuel EX 8

BertR00t

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Have been toying with one of these for a while, either this or a Lapierre Zesty. A mate bought a Fuel EX 8 frame off eBay and asked me to build it up for him as he buys parts and I was very impressed by the build quality of the frame and the rear setup after chatting to Nick C on here and doing a lot of reading it turned me to favour this.

Have been watching the forums and eBay etc for one for a few weeks and missed a couple through lack of action but spotted this one on STW this week listed by P20 off here. Shamelessly stole one of his pictures to post here.

5618339915_769b546cd3_z.jpg

I am looking to drop everything off my Pace onto this as they share seatpost size and BB width so front mech, seatpost and my Hope BB should go straight on it. Have had to buy a headset for it s the Pace use a semi integrated model and cannot be reused on here but that should arrive today I hope. Shouldn't take a long time after the frame shows up but the RC41 XCAM fork should complement it nicely I think.

Damn I forgot the BB size again. :oops: Glad you got it sorted though.

Your frame looks a damn sight nicer than mine, God knows what Trek were thinking when they designed the graphics for the 2011 model!

I'm looking forward to seeing this built up.

Don't wory about it Nick.

Tracking says it should land Monday so hopefully should be able to get on with it then. Will spend a day cleaning up the parts to go on it and hopefully it should be relatively pain free.

Quite looking forward to a full susser as I have never owned one as I never fancied the weight but hoping this should be reasonable.

Stick on some reasonably light wheels and you should be fine, this is where mine falls down. However, I only really notice the weight when lifting the thing in and out of the car.

Wheels are Hope Bulbs on Mavic EX721 so not too bad really but the front is a 36 spoker. Tyres let it down at the moment as they are heavy but grip nicely...

Some great photo's in that album Jack (I've just been digging through) and some of those trails look mighty familiar! :cool:

Latest posts

Back