Rocky Mountain - Fusion 1992

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Time to do something with the other old beast and since it's been sunny and I setup these forks and need to try them out on something

So I've put old or newish of here parts I've had lying around on to it,
Steerer tube is too long, but my other one is a fraction too short. I cannot cut this as it's for my other bike, though it's comfy at this hight which is a boneus.
Note a complete lack of any colour co-ordination with the headset/stem :LOL: That's what comes of buying the discounted parts at crc and not the actual colour you need. gunmetal is much darker and purple tinted than I thought.

The bike actually sort of fits me now with the rise of the forks and handlebar mess.

When I first posted on the forum I had dragged it out of the shed with my other bike
and it looked like this
small_177.jpg

now it looks no better :LOL:

P1020838.JPG

P1020836.JPG

P1020839.JPG

Well that give me a frame of reference to change from at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. A man of many rockies. Looks good. Is it smaller than your usual ride?

Yes all m900 bits, hopefully the shifter will work as I had forgotten I had them. They seem to but I'm sure i'll remember why I stopped using them when they're all wired up.

It is smaller, it's 18.5" and iirc with a length of a 17.0" ("STT") frame for this range (~22" effective length).

If the weathers good i'll get her all wired up, switch the cassette to m900 or m737 (it is a m900 hub) look for my best skinwall tyres and pop a chain on, grease the headset up as the seals are making it squeak.
I didn't know these old style hope (pre 1997) use split ring crown race, quite smart.

I've got your old Ti bars on it Dave :)

Some Ritchey ones I've just got for £10.51 on ebay (set a snipe and forgot about it as per usual :LOL:)
Included cleats and are brand new and still in the wrapper that you get them in when they are to go on a bike you
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1154
No idea how good they are etc, seem a bit course in the bearings.
I assume they are the current V4's bottom end version.

Figured for the price of cleats alone it was worth it (Shimano compatible)

I do have My Ti Onza and Stainless ones that could go on.

Just on to help get saddle height.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A good choice. At a tenner can't go wrong. Plus not Shimano.
Happy riding :D

Just posting as the first day she went out for a ride.
No pics.
Only 1x3 speed but all worked at the front.
Headset came loose, but hope that bedded the headset in as the Hope's O-ring seals seem to be causing a lot a stiffness/drag in the headset :s Might rip them out.
Kept wanting to twist the top nut to tighten it.. course it's ahead so you cannot. Something I'm still not quite used to.
Nice to see I still prefer the power and feel of my XTR Canti setup over my 'modern' V's

Got to see this today properly finished and its awesome, get those pics up on here Ben ;)

Back