Apart from Retrobikes........

It a beaut, and to be honest, the best hardtail I've ever had! So responsive and tight, yet you can ride it for hours on end cus its sooooo comfy! :D
The pic is just after I got it home, so I hadn't set the forks up. The RS Tora's are adjustable travel, so you can run between about 1' to 4' of travel.

Newest is my Nicolai Gearbox bike which is three years old.

Much as I'd love a newer bike I would have to get rid of an older one to make room, and time, to ride it... and the older bikes I have are perfectly functional anyway so no need to buy anything new at the moment.

The next generation of G-Box bikes may be enough to tempt me to change the Nicolai at some point - but it's such a masterpiece of engineering that I'll probably want to keep it anyway... and therefore I may as well ride it and not buy a new one!!!

Next bike to change will probably be to replace my Balfa Minuteman with another long travel hardtail - the balfa is a little small and compromised with forks over 130mm. It also has the longest seatpost available which is not quite long enough... and bending slowly. Perhaps a custom Curtis would be a suitable replacement?

Got the Genesis which is basically my winter hack, now had all the mud catchers and a set of panaracer 1.8 muds put on it, so looks shite compared to this picture in summer dress...nice ride, bit of a gate compared to retro steeds so great on long rides but not so throw aroundable
main.php

Also got an Alpinestars CTM 400 carbon frame from 01 which has a Bomber on it wand about 110-130 travel i think, not built up however.

All the rest are ols, checkout the sig below..

rody":l7ns2igx said:
New, yet old school in mentality...

...my sentiments exactly. Thy're not old school, but a mixture of old parts and a retro state of mind qualifies them.

'02 Merlin XLM
'02 Cannondale Cyclocross Ultra

But nothing post '02. ;)

Jezz , how many modern bikes have you bought and sold straight away in the past year ?? :LOL:

Lets see.

There's the 2003 DeKerf UK Ltd
The 2005 (warranty replacement) Fisher Sugar
and the 2005 Kona Jake The Snake

Everything else is (so) last century, darling!

Back