Titanium RC30 inspired forks

As it goes bud that how this post started out, I was trying to see if anyone knew the legalities of it all, and see if anyone had or had knowledge of anyone with the necessary equipment and skill for the production side as I've got the necessary skills for drawing up the plans.

I will contact pace if this becomes more than an idea as it would only be right to do so but as a few of the guys have said it'd really be a fork inspired by the RC30 rather than an RC30, the brake mounts would be clamped on rather than welded, the legs would be titanium rather than steel and although the dropouts and crown would be of a similar design there were other forks around that were similar anyway.

Staf.

Cool idea, what about just getting legs fabricated? Are the old legs swappable? I wonder what the variances are between, pace, rock shox, tange, bontrager crowns are.

Always meant to pop by this site.

http://www.goatsurfer.com/pace_forks.html

good for reference :)

Rampage":2gl2leug said:
beagle":2gl2leug said:
Rampage":2gl2leug said:
Th drop-outs are welded on.

Ah, fair enough. They look like they're just shoved up the legs.

Sorry, I was on about an early version I believe. So the ones you were talking about are probably bonded.

Yeah, first gen were welded, second and third gen bonded according to the link kaiser put up.

thanks for the info kaiser that site will be a great reference, had thought about just doing legs but might as well go the whole hog hey?!

the web creator is neillll, though I haven't saw him around these parts for a while.

RAFbikes":2zte8f82 said:
On the other points I don't doubt it'll be expensive but I often do more ridiculous things than this and I find a way even if it means selling my car etc. to fund it, I don't proceed with ideas that are to risky and they usually pay off and I can always buy another car.

I like your attitude about this! Seems like you're dedicated to realize this project. Do you have any idea what a fork like this will cost?

Not yet bud need to make sure I get the right grade of metal and quality of finish, I have contacted various suppliers of titanium bike frame tubing to see who can offer me best price on 3AL2.5V tubing which seems to be the industry standard for bike frames. I'll keep you posted.

Staf.

As an aside why not contact one of the Chinese ti frame builders Xcad or summat and ask about fork leg material and cut to the length required.

Latest posts

Back