For Sale 2006 Van Nicholas Zion titanium frame (18") - £425

Austin_K

Retro Newbie
A lovely Van Nicholas Zion frame made from 3AL/2.5V titanium. It’s from 2006 but has seen little use and, as you can see from the pictures, is in great condition. It takes old-school 26″ wheels (you may be able to squeeze 27.5 in but I’ve not tried that) – see my other advert for contemporary set of Mavic Crossrides. The seat tube is 18 inch centre to top and the effective TT is 56.5 cm (to mix my measurements)

It’s got IS brake mounts and removable v-brake bosses. There are also rack and Crud-Catcher bosses (one bolt missing from crud-Catcher boss). More photos here:
Van Nicholas Zion

Please let me know if you need more information or want to see any more detailed pictures. Collection from East Bergholt (Suffolk/Essex border) or I can post at cost.

PXL_20240111_130628893.jpg

Nice. What fork travel length were these built around - was it 100mm or 120mm?

I'm not 100% sure. When I got the bike it was set up for touring with some steel rigid forks (I'm not sure if these were by Van Nicholas, they look quite a lot like Thorn tandem forks but Van Nicholas do currently make a rigid adventure fork so who knows).

There's a review of the Zion from 2007 on bikeradar where it was built up with 80mm Rockshox Toras but I think it must be able to take at least 100mm, that amount of travel was pretty common in 2006.

Reactions: Woz
Back