Retrobike National Event Series: Rd 2 Thetford 23/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to make the trip up from the South East.

Are there some easy, short routes in the forest as my wife is also interested but this will be her first trip out on a bike for a year after reconstructive knee surgery so the full ride will be too far?

grd":3ex768g9 said:
I'm looking to make the trip up from the South East.

Are there some easy, short routes in the forest as my wife is also interested but this will be her first trip out on a bike for a year after reconstructive knee surgery so the full ride will be too far?
It should'nt be a problem, the place is as fast as the slowest person and we get around when we get around. I believe there are shorter routes too.

40. top stuff.

Will have to load the car up with bikefood bottles + sachets so there's enough for everyone. Will try to get to the visitors centre a little earlier than 10.

If anyone is after any retrobike merchandise (hoodies, hats, stickers, bags) let me know and will bring along. Already have a few bits packed for various people.

Myself and harryhume (on here) will be along tomorrow. See you in the Orchard car park, if we can find it.

had a nice chat with the manager of the visitor centre this afternoon. she is very keen that we use the orchard car park & has asked that we do so. so gents can we please screw the nut & do so. also, contrary to previous info, it does cost a whole £2 for the whole day, not too much to ask really.
food wise, & i quote "As you are such a large group we will only be able to take orders for baps, rolls, sandwiches, sausage rolls or Cornish pasties. Any hot meals they will need to order when they come back from the ride."
they do a cracking selection for baps with bacon, sausage, bacon & egg, bacon & sausage & for extra fattness bacon, sausage & egg.

rekiborter has voulnteered to compile a list.
see you tomorrow

What about some olives and some humous......or perhaps some pinot noir

or a bottle of fettucini nineteen ah eighty one ah :LOL: :LOL:

(goonies qoute)

she is very keen that we use the orchard car park & has asked that we do so.

To get to the orchard carpark, do we turn off the main road as if going to the main carpark and thread our way through, or is there a seperate turning?

TedC, who doesn't want to upset the keepers of the bacon and sausage baps. :)

Can everyone please try to use the Orchard car park. Take the same entrance road but follow the road round the old peeps home.
brandoncountryparkmap_w1024_h1024_182.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back