English cycles 'Special' - Jeremy Torr

Wu-Tangled":3h6gb0bs said:
Mark,

I think what you have there may well be a Bromwich.

Possibly a Cyclone II.

I may well be wrong, but it looks like it to me and has the fairly distinctive looking seat tube/ stays area.

?

Anyone mind if I say 'well funk me sideways!'?

Its very close, mine maybe an earlier model?

Veeeeeeeeeeeery close, the grey and pink one in the catalogue scan looks to have shot in seat stays (difficult to see 100%) and the green meanie looks to have fastback stays. 'tis a very close match, within the margin of error of a Jeremy Kyle paternity test I reckon

Just an observation but the two Bromwichs in the photo's both have twin bottle mounts but the Green-Meanie doesn't? They also have a canti-hanger on the seat-stays - and the Bromwich seat-stays wrap round the seat tube whereas the Green-Meanies butt up to it...

Personally I think it's a homebrew special that's had the extra sleeve added to the seat-tube to convert it to a sloping top-tube and take a bigger seatpost - perhaps a road frame originally? The cable stop on the fork leg is certainly an add-on...

A 'bump' to remind me that I still own it and that the brakes need an overhaul!

green_green_greener_203.jpg

I think about this bike all the time, which is weird as its a lot older then anything else I have ever ridden or wanted. It's just so cool.

I know it's not one, but the word PASHLEY keeps flashing in my head...

Maybe the whole drum brake / postie bike thing.

Back