SBSweden258.jpg

..and gets stuck sometimes :oops:

CopyofSBsweden073-1.jpg

..mostly miles from anywhere and when its -15 :roll:

Bikebandit":1a37offt said:

Nice!

and you aren't really very stuck, are you?

;)

I don't have a winch, but I carry a hand winch and ropes. This year I have not needed anyone's help getting out of quite a few situations.

highlandsflyer":3hs26lbl said:
Bikebandit":3hs26lbl said:

Nice!

and you aren't really very stuck, are you?

;)

I don't have a winch, but I carry a hand winch and ropes. This year I have not needed anyone's help getting out of quite a few situations.

Happened a couple of times..tought me a lesson...take along a buddy and his vehicle so you can help each other. :roll:

Mrs Ernie has the VW POLO TDI, we had this from new Jan 2002. Now the eldest is learning to drive :) . Also we have a VW T5 Transporter that we had converted in 2009, love it :D . I am /we are VW junkies, had a golf mk1 cabbie, then a mk2 GTI big bumper.

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• polo van 002.jpg
    polo van 002.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,243
  • polo van 003.jpg
    polo van 003.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,243
  • photo 037.jpg
    photo 037.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,243
loving the transporters guys.

andy l, that engine bay is fantastic. good work

pickle, you tamed them horses yet? how are you finding the new map?

update on my car...the wife's driving it!!!!

i have recently swapped the porsche twist replicas for genuine wheels. these are from a boxster and are an inch narrower resulting in less stretch and less scrubbing! as they are genuine they are also loads lighter so it handles loads better too

111220101407small.jpg

[/quote]

this is how i bought it, did most of the work myself

111jouw.jpg

total cost including the car WAS £600. since working that out i have sold the twists for £360 and the new wheels cost £50 with tyres which i have yet to sell. so the car owes me £290! the tyres should fetch around £150!

lewis1641":rkzdrh63 said:
loving the transporters guys.

andy l, that engine bay is fantastic. good work

pickle, you tamed them horses yet? how are you finding the new map?

update on my car...the wife's driving it!!!!

i have recently swapped the porsche twist replicas for genuine wheels. these are from a boxster and are an inch narrower resulting in less stretch and less scrubbing! as they are genuine they are also loads lighter so it handles loads better too

111220101407small.jpg

this is how i bought it, did most of the work myself

111jouw.jpg

total cost including the car WAS £600. since working that out i have sold the twists for £360 and the new wheels cost £50 with tyres which i have yet to sell. so the car owes me £290! the tyres should fetch around £150![/quote]

These mk2 's ..superb..love 'em ;)

they are the same car dude.

i love mk2's too. used to be big into beetles and campers but the scene has shifted soo soo much i got a little disolusioned with it all. still have a bug project but not touched it for 4 years. it is on this year's to do list.

drove my golf for the first time in 2 weeks last night (very little money for fuel so only drive it when i need to at the minute) and it just confirmed everything i love about this car. i am sure there are plenty of other cars of the era with similar characteristics, but none that look as good as a g2 gti!

Back