Bar tape - how to choose the right colour?

Matching the bar tape and saddle often gives balance. Coloured cables seem to be coming back too after years of black. Black is good for practical reasons but I likewhite Fizik Microtex because it's tough and durable and scrubs up like new with a bit of elbow grease. Cinelli Splash tape is the work of the devil and should remain in the last century along with Morris Marinas and flares!

I make that four little fishies on a single hook!

Okay, let's try another tack.

It's far more important to consider your skin tone when selecting bar tape. Think of your skin tone as a natural foundation: it's your starting point. Everything else is determined by that foundation. You can use it to help you pick out everything from the right bar tape to the perfect cable housing. If you do it correctly, you'll be amazed by the results:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_analysis

I (old man ;) ) am fond on Tressostar bar tape on a retro bike. Nowadays in black, in earlier years i did prefer white. Which was quite heroic after a few races. Not easy to find in the LBS.

Spokesmann":1dhodu5r said:
one-eyed_jim":1dhodu5r said:
A cyclist should know the value of thrift. The only rule I follow is "whatever's in the £2 bin at the LBS":

cinelli_splash.jpg

Okay, I admit, I draw the line at stars and stripes...

The stuff of nighmares. Horrible. :shock:

Agreed!! nothing can ruin a bike faster then any of that trashy tape.

I always try to match the saddle w/ the bikes decals, and the match the tape to the saddle.

one-eyed_jim":rn3fqawp said:
I make that four little fishies on a single hook!

Okay, let's try another tack.

It's far more important to consider your skin tone when selecting bar tape. Think of your skin tone as a natural foundation: it's your starting point. Everything else is determined by that foundation. You can use it to help you pick out everything from the right bar tape to the perfect cable housing. If you do it correctly, you'll be amazed by the results:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_analysis

Such a clever lad.

Latest posts

Back