NOVY Bicycles.

Georges Pintens (Belgium) was a welknown classic rider how rode on Novy. He won Amstel Gold Race 1970 on a Novy.

playford":3vt67ujq said:
any idea when they stopped making bikes?

early 70's?

I've still seen many Novy's around in the late 80's. But they were the cheaper versions, city-runabouts albeith of a more sportive kind.

Novy stopped making bikes in 1997, but the company still exists, making
kitchen utensils, as far as I can tell.

Novy im going to talk to the guy about tomorrow is 50-52cm. its in battered enough condition, plenty of surface rust and front wheel and bars are gone.

Pretty much your standard restoration job, But I like the shape and has the makings of a lovely girls cruiser type bike, wee wald basket on the front lol.

much should we be talking £20-30? that druid place has that one on for £250, which seems a bit steep tbh.

5285307713_8d8b1328b5_z.jpg

This sort of bike would fetch maybe 20-40 Euro in Belgium, especially in Student's cities. It's a fairly common bike in Belgian towns.
The rear rack is welded to the frame so check it carefully for damage. It's not uncommon to transport a grown up person on the back of such a bike.

in that kind of picture or you mean a battered old one would go for 20-40 euro.

I used to live in liege, all the kids there had those wee moped type scooter bikes.

playford":31qgrz52 said:
in that kind of picture or you mean a battered old one would go for 20-40 euro.

I used to live in liege, all the kids there had those wee moped type scooter bikes.

A battered old one indeed, the typical student's bike. Liege is not a real cycling town, those bikes are more in use in the university towns where the students do actually cycle (mainly in Flanders).

I reckon this one is 20-30 max.

take about another £100 to put right.

tyres, tubes
front wheel
powdercoat/respray
new bars

Latest posts

Back