1990s Diavolo Columbus Cromor - any ideas?

ninety

Onnnne Huuuunnnndrreeed and Eigggghhhhty
Feedback
View
Hello all - I just picked this up today after an ebay-related rush of blood to the head before the snow started. It's an odd mix of components (Exage brakes and levers, RX100 rear mech and shifters, some sort of Campag front mech, 105 aero pedals, Tracer (?) chainset, Cinelli Criterium bars and stem, Mavic MA2s on some very old looking Pelissier hubs!), but a pretty nice tubeset, so the plan had been to swap the groupset in time for summer.

However, I rode it about 25km back to the mainline station this morning (cold) and, though it rides lovely and compliant, it's a touch on the small side for me. I don't know anything about Diavolo as a brand (I don't *think* it's related to Il Diavolo from Germany, but I could be wrong), so I was wondering if anyone on here could help with any info - I'll decide whether to keep it and fiddle with positioning, or to sell it on.

Any information, thoughts etc. much appreciated...

Attachments

• diavolo.jpg
    diavolo.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,735
bike set up

looking at the photo no wonder the bike seems small.
firstly set the saddle parrallel with the floor with a spirit level, this should raise your leg length
secondly move the brake levers up the bars so that the bottom of the levers are level with the bottom of the bars, this will move you up at the front
slacken the stem at the bar end and resting on the bottom of the bars you will move the bars to a more natural position
the bike should feel totally differant
also the seat post does not seem out a long way so the frame seems ok.
hope this helps

I'd already moved and raised the saddle, but thanks for the tips on the bars and levers - I've never ridden with drops before, so it's all new. When the saddle's right it's a fair way out of the frame and it all still feels a bit short.

It's actually the same size as my Argos single speed (I thought from the listing it was going to be bigger) and that's just about big enough with a long stem and bullhorns. That could be the way to go with this one too...

Back