South Yorkshire

chrisv40":1d28ig5n said:
Any rides outside this framework will have threads deleted

Si, is this rule in place now?

Some of the other groups still appear to have members organising local rides?

I heard about it at the weekend. It's not yet common knowledge amongst the other AECs yet and is part of the restructuring that is taking place over the next few weeks.

I'm sure Mark or John will make a better job of explaining it all soon enough.

I think one of the major problems you will face is the travel times,,,, as sometimes we may not get back home until after 6 which is waaay past your bed time.. :LOL: :LOL:

I will accomplish my task, And it has plastic wheels :cool: And Zaskar 2 is coming long, Slowly, And that will be the Ritchey killer :LOL:

You should see how I ride when i get focused, I'm scary good :twisted:

mikeekim89, you are still classed as a minor until you are 18.

(unless you are in Scotland, which is 16).

If adults have to sign their life away to ride on an officially announced ride, you will need protection in place for yourself.
You cannot decide if you can sign anything, you'll need to ask your mum for a croggy err permission. Probably as long as someone has had a bloody CRB by RetroBike.

Though don't take it as gospel, John will need to find out if he's moving everything up a step

mikeekim89":11qqbztd said:
:twisted: Just you wait fella, I'm going too destroy the legendary Sith riding rep, On a Zaskar :LOL:

I'd be more careful young padowan. Me and Sith have been carvin' it up since you were a glint in the milkmans eye. We might be getting on a bit but we can still cut the mustard!

Our bikes can easily outrun a Zaskar too

As Dr S mentions liability is something Mark and myself are looking into. It is indeed a bit of a headache but given the growing popularity of the site and rides it's something we need to sort out.

Nothing is yet set in stone so please don't worry that we're going to start cancelling all rides. Given the fact this is still very much in progress I'm sure you can understand we'd prefer not to be drawn on this further.

As soon as things are sorted we will of course inform the AECs who'll feed it back to the areas.

Si, when i asked about "from now on" and "in the future", to me from now on means just that. Immediately. In the future means at some point in the future, as explained by john above. I wasn't being awkward.

Back