South Yorkshire

That is annoying.. I'll sign any disclaimer you like, But your seriously going too be taking things WAY too far if I can't ride with the group cause i'm 9 months under 18.

mikeekim89":2v9ogo1i said:
That is annoying.. I'll sign any disclaimer you like, But your seriously going too be taking things WAY too far if I can't ride with the group cause i'm 9 months under 18.
Unfortunately , this sort of thing is more serious than just having an accident.
I work in a School.

I can totally understand the parts about safety and people taking legal action against RB or the AEC's

However,,, if the rides are not organized 'approved' through the AEC's ,, and 'official' the threads that may be posted for people to meet up and ride together will be deleted... ?

Any rides outside this framework will have threads deleted

I can understand that, and agree, if it's a minor, asin, a child, There should be some form of extra safety level in place to protect them just incase, But in my own case, i'm no small boy, i can stand up for myself, As far as i'm concerned, i think i should be allowed too sign the sheet like everyone else. and i'm willing too discuss it with John should the need arise.

Any rides outside this framework will have threads deleted
[/quote]

Si, is this rule in place now?

Some of the other groups still appear to have members organising local rides?

:twisted:

Damn you, I'm trying too be angry here, and you made me laugh. :LOL:

I was in the middle of writing a rather questioning PM..

I'd better be good too ride with you all, Without some stupid glow bands, and a GPS incase someone tries too take advantage of the minor.. :roll: (not that I think you would)

This is really too vague though.. I'd like some properly set out rules.. So I understand, Because if it's aquestion of my not being able too ride until i'm 18 i'm going too be VERY annoyed..

Calm down Mikee. At no point did I say you are not allowed to ride because of your age. These things need to have common sense applied to them- you are clearly not a child.

Now off to bed with you. It's a school night!

:LOL:

I think that we should also be looking into the legal standings regarding fitting a cycle bell and reflectors to mikes bike for his own safety... and those around him.. :) :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: Sorry fella, It's just too vague, And i'm still considered a minor, So I don't know what the deal will be with it, I've been on here something like a year and i've not managed a ride yet.. I'm still trying :LOL:

Back