And today I did......

Great photo's Mr P, very jealous.

Today I got into work to find 2 deliveries - a lovely 732 Rear Mech from Mousemat and a Mint NOS Blue x-lite 535 straits bar I won of fleabay for £14 posted. Very happy.

Visited the physio today, she has advised me ' no technical stuff, only fire roads ' while my shoulder gets better. It would appear I have a mountain biking physio :)

Could not believe how weak my dodgy left shoulder is doing certain movements when compared to the right. Quite an eye opener.

mikee":349oyizw said:
went up my hill on christine,had lunch and now sitting excitedly
awaiting the arrival of postman dad rob :LOL:
Very pretty single speed. Which, coincidentally is how the GT safety bicycle ended up! :)

Finally finished cobbling it together last night. Hopefully get to take it out tomorrow night (Weather/Wife/Dog dependent...)

today I got an email full of hope scans from arrow cycles :cool:

NOS 1994 Hope Front cable brake with a rare (I have never come across one) Rockshox Mag 21 mount.

Mikee I think this is what I want you to make for me (just the flat cut out mount) I'll do some drawings. Looks like thay can be mounted to mag 21's after all. I lost the auction this was in :cry:

hopebrake04.jpg

hopebrake03.jpg

hopebrake01.jpg

hopebrake02.jpg

Today I got some new stuff for the Ritchey :D my shoulder is also still killing me to much comical effect and involuntary whimpers :eek:

Home too late for a decent outside photo. Snapped a couple inside ('scuse phone camera quality):

gt_safety_01.jpg

gt_safety_02.jpg

Single speed at the moment - replaced the cassette with a single cog/spacers/waste pipe combo. There was enough adjustment in the existing derailer to keep the chainline spot on.

Stroll on the weekend! :D :D

You might want to change the derallier for a dedicated rear tensioner. Old mechs tend to lack the lateral stiffness dedicated tensioners have and can still cause the chain to derail over rough terrain. Old mechs are also a bit heavier than are needed ;)

Latest posts

Back