The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

I found this.
Another possible lead for people looking for shocks?:

MTBR.com":3pblyo1b said:
For people looking for replacement rear shocks for the GT LTS-2 (and STS...) it might be possible to use shocks from this manufacturer, who custom build coil over shocks to order:

http://www.yasusu.com/

Yasusu have a shock catalogue ("DM for Bike") and measurement and setup instructions for download at this link:

http://www.yasusu.com/ser.htm

Here's some info here on MTBR giving user perspectives on Yasusu shocks:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=505631

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=527991

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=7102481

You can get these shocks via eBay (locate the seller "i-sports-tw" and search the seller's store for "shock")
or place an order directly with Yasusu.

They make the shock and the bushings to order. You'll need to specify the shock and bushings in metric.

Note also that I e-mailed both Yasusu (with a technical query) and the ebay seller and this revealed that the ebay seller is a Taiwanese agent, selling the shocks on behalf of Yasusu. Therefore, if you place an order you will need to be very clear with your dimensions since English is not their first language and they are not intimate with the shocks. I was asking questions about the disparities between info in Yasusu's catalogue and the ebay advert for a shock and they ultimately admitted that their ebay advert was wrong. The catalogue was correct. Ebay lists the one I was looking at as BNCP 501, when it actually is a BRNP 501. Their ID convention is:

B= Bike
N = No rebound adjust / R = Rebound Adjust
C = Compression adjust / N = No compression adjust
P = Preload adjust

I hope this helps!

(Note - I am not affiliated to Yasusu, I had been looking at them as an upgrade for a Mongoose Blackcomb and when I saw that people were having trouble getting a replacement shocks then I though that this might be an option)

Just add my STS here, frame number 099603131 18

Attachments

• PICT0513 [800x600].jpg
    PICT0513 [800x600].jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4,053
STS rear disc mount

I've just finished a rear disc mount for my STS-1000. I fabricated it from a chunk of aluminum from the local scrap yard. Sorry for the lousy web cam pic... I'll take a proper photo once it's installed.

My Super Deluxe started leaking oil, so I'm replacing it with a Fox Float. My friend is machining a mount for it, and I'll post pics of that when it's done.

Soon I'll have the bike trail-worthy... though I feel a little guilty for not keeping it original.

Attachments

• brakemount 004.jpg
    brakemount 004.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4,024
Re: STS rear disc mount

ChuckO":2ld2fd44 said:
I've just finished a rear disc mount for my STS-1000. I fabricated it from a chunk of aluminum from the local scrap yard. Sorry for the lousy web cam pic... I'll take a proper photo once it's installed.

My Super Deluxe started leaking oil, so I'm replacing it with a Fox Float. My friend is machining a mount for it, and I'll post pics of that when it's done.

Soon I'll have the bike trail-worthy... though I feel a little guilty for not keeping it original.

Cool, i always like homemade mods, keeps us informed of progress, BETD do a similar adapter, for about 25 quid

mattbrown":i2kdvhit said:
Cool, i always like homemade mods, keeps us informed of progress, BETD do a similar adapter, for about 25 quid

That's $37.75 to me, plus shipping. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm a cheapskate. I'm also a DIY kind of guy.

Will post further mods (though I think I'll be pretty much done after the shock mount).

ChuckO":jy9vvu9m said:
mattbrown":jy9vvu9m said:

That's $37.75 to me, plus shipping. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm a cheapskate. I'm also a DIY kind of guy.

Will post further mods (though I think I'll be pretty much done after the shock mount).

Hey, I assumed you were from the UK, but that is still pretty cool.

After noticing 2 tiny cracks on the outside of the seat post area, right next to where the cables came out, I filed them out, welding a couple of blobs of weld onto the areas had crossed my mind, but i dont have access to a welder.

the inserted before picture, just about shows where the aluminium was pushed out (just catching the flash), from what i have deduced as being down to the outer cables pressing against the thin surroundings, caused by the seatpost. The aluminium wasnt at all cracked/damaged the other side, so i think i have happy that it was purely down to the cables, also now with a seatpost in, the cables are freely able to move in and out of the holes.

Obviously one concern is that i have weakened the structure, but honestly cant see this being a problem.

Attachments

• Image2 [800x600].jpg
    Image2 [800x600].jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 3,999
Whilst not being an engineer, it looks to be enough material to not affect structural integrity. Just make sure you have no hairline cracks or sharp edges in the area you have filed up, or that might be a source of a new crack developing. Maybe use very fine grain sandpaper to sand down the edge as it still looks rather rough to me. That would lessen the concern.

grimm":301nw0td said:
Whilst not being an engineer, it looks to be enough material to not affect structural integrity. Just make sure you have no hairline cracks or sharp edges in the area you have filed up, or that might be a source of a new crack developing. Maybe use very fine grain sandpaper to sand down the edge as it still looks rather rough to me. That would lessen the concern.

Yes that is the next thing to do, is fully smooth it, i was just using the round file i had to hand.

Back