Retrobike Peaks Dad’s Army Rideout October 13th and 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange71, i'm bringing my 955 complete with cantis & non ODS elastomer suspension, just hope it isn't going to be too cold as my butt still hasn't got used to that Flite yet!
Look forward to seeing another Proflex being used.

cool :cool: - thought about bringing my 753, but it's not really a finished project yet and my XP-8 is missing its rear shock while a mate borrows it for his!!

orange71":1k2zccry said:
I'm figuring it's going to be a rough ride so shall I bring my Proflex 855 or 857?

855: v-brakes, vectors and Noleen shock.

857: disc brakes, Marzocchis and Risse shock.

855 more true to retro theme, 857 only 2 years younger, but much more 'modern'. Thoughts?

it's all numbers to me. :)

Re: Notes

mrkawasaki":3kz7q865 said:
The route can be done rigid
okay option there!
most folks should settle on front suspension
hmm - maybe!
It's not a downhillers course - so go for lighter weight if you can - you'll thank me on the hikes!
rules out the Yeti. :cry:

I may need another bike! :LOL:

More seriously any local knowledge on tyres? Is it likely to be muddy/rocky - advice on narrow/wide tyres appreciated!

Whatever bike I bring will be as rigid as my thinking.

But I can walk down descents as quickly as the next man and can also run and push pretty fast on the flat and climbs. Will have a think but it may be prudent to remove unnecessary items (gears, chainrings, chain, cassette etc.) and just hobby horse the rest of the time.

As the great (?) Salt'n'Pepa (featuring Spinderella) had it "ah, push it, push it real good"

ededwards":fkauq4pa said:
Whatever bike I bring will be as rigid as my thinking.

But I can walk down descents as quickly as the next man and can also run and push pretty fast on the flat and climbs. Will have a think but it may be prudent to remove unnecessary items (gears, chainrings, chain, cassette etc.) and just hobby horse the rest of the time.

As the great (?) Salt'n'Pepa (featuring Spinderella) had it "ah, push it, push it real good"

I can vouch for this as two of the 'last lappers' on this year's MM, both Ed and I pushed our bikes for what seemed like miles. Or was actually miles thinking about it. So if we are going for a bike walk, I think we'll both be in the running (if you pardon the punn).

:D

Update

Update:

Riders:
Wu's clan - Gus (and Sarah)
Ed Edwards
Mad Cow Kevin
CrazyMadSkills
Tin Tin Tony
James Hilts
Longendale
Neil Mr K
Heathy
AlwaysHorizontal
Max Retroking
Jez
JV
Russell
Orange 71

Probables:
Lid
Slimjoe + 2 mates
dom_k + 1 mate

Support Team
Jo Mrs K

I make that a probable 21 riders for the trail ride - a 20 mile route that will take 5-6 hours (plus breaks). Can you let me know if you are sticking around for the meal/pub quiz shennanigans?

Kev asked about tyre choice - at the moment it's still hard and dry, so any fast roller will do. I'd go for a fatter front if you're rigid, mind. I'll try and get up there over the weekend for an update.

I would recommend you all bring a helmet mind (regardless of skill or confidence levels) - any fall on the bonce is going to do you damage in the Peaks.

More anon.

Neil

Goody. Looking forward to this.

Im sharing a room (bed) with Hilts I think. Hes supposed to be booking the wedding suite for us so I hope he's got his finger out.

Id better get some training in. (Ive gven up tabs for this event BTW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back