show us your cars 2

BoyBurning":2l4ptnda said:
Dr S":2l4ptnda said:
The residents of Dresden cirtainly didn't like them!

Tasteful Si...

:oops:

Those lights returned in 1968 to have another go, this time getting the better of the boys from Stuttgart. And that is where the fit in with my new project.

Dr S":2rq69sr2 said:
BoyBurning":2rq69sr2 said:
Dr S":2rq69sr2 said:
The residents of Dresden cirtainly didn't like them!

Tasteful Si...

:oops:

Those lights returned in 1968 to have another go, this time getting the better of the boys from Stuttgart. And that is where the fit in with my new project.

GT40 then? 1967 was won by Ferrari though, not Porsche...?

BB

67 was won by Ford. In fact they won in 66,67,68 and 69
Porsche was expected to dominate In 68 with it's longtailed 908 which was full of parts for the new 917. The Fords broke them by mid distance. That same Ford (GTP1075) won again in 69 in the closest ever finish (despite victor Jacky Ickx walking to his car in protest of the dangerous Le Mans running start that a few minutes later claimed the life of John Wolfe) beating Elfords 908/10 by a cars length after a tough 24 hours which saw the new Porsche 917 and older 908 fall by the wayside with various engine and transmission problems.
On both occasions Porsche top brass had gathered all the guests they could think of to show the expected German victory. For 1970 they handed the running of the works cars over to the small British JWA team that had slain them for two years running.

^^^

Yep, I'm aware of that Si...

By this:

"Those lights returned in 1968 to have another go, this time getting the better of the boys from Stuttgart."

I presumed you must have been referring to the Series, not simply Le Mans... (ie. in '68 Ford won series, but in '67 came third behind Porsche who in turn were 2 points behind Ferrari)>

"This time getting the better of..." would to me imply that they had not done the year previous - or indeed the year previous to that for that matter.

Semantics I guess, but yes, I know the GT40 success story and enough of the history...

So I presume I am correct with the GT40 guess in any case...?

BB.

I was refering to those lights though rather than the car. They were fitted to the JWA team cars for Le Mans in 68 and 69 as night time idendification markers. They were not used in any other of the World Championship races. The Shelby run works cars in 66 and 67 did not use such lights.

A recent hand-me-down :shock:

From my brother in law to Mrs P :D

Rs4 Convertible
24092010733.jpg

G

:cool:

almost bought an audi RS4 this year, spent the money on my house instead.

next car will be one or a range rover sport :oops:

Back