show us your gt's

oldschool":1gq28ex8 said:
the rear mech hanger and the flat ended top tube i may well be wrong :oops:

........the yellow sticker on the top tube is a bit of a clue. ;)

Plus nobody in their right mind would disgrace a real Zaskar with such lowly LX tosh! :oops:

mag21008.jpg

T'boo Ted":wwfaq2lm said:
I know its not an oldie, but still a bit retro... and I love it...

DSC00819.jpg
That's a 2008? Looks really nice, liking the smattering of retro parts. What forks are those?

sam264":yes7oai1 said:
T'boo Ted":yes7oai1 said:
I know its not an oldie, but still a bit retro... and I love it...

DSC00819.jpg
That's a 2008? Looks really nice, liking the smattering of retro parts. What forks are those?

Who needs 850 support thongs?! :shock: :shock:

^Ha! yeah well there no point being all sexy without comfort... or boxes of old shoes...

^^Yeah I tend, when I buy a new frame, take all the stuff from my old frame, then as I upgrade or whatever put the old stuff back where it came from. the XT hubs and stem and barends are from my old 94 DB axis, the brakes and rims are from when I upgrade that, then I transferred all that to my yeti, upgraded the forks (duke race) levers, pedals, then transferred all that to this along with new derailleurs, and the cranks came from my manitou.

here's my since gone 96 rts

038c8682.jpg

901f4d8e.jpg

5ba73359.jpg

loved the look

couldn't get the ride to work for me

previous iteration

IMG_2290.jpg

Nice Ian!
Looking forward to getting stuck into my Karakoram build.
Always surprises me how thin the tubes look next to so many phat zaskars.

Ps if I get some old school Karakoram decals made up. Want to get involved?

Possibly. . . I'm undecided on stickers for that... there's a couple that I want for sure.. and the big GT one..

But maybe not the Karakoram one...

Still floating my boat is that.. and I'm aching to get the cranks sorted and the wheels built . . . then it's done (unless I add a Brooks at a later date).

Latest posts

Back