October Ride - North Downs - 10th October 2010

TheGreenRabbit

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Exact Location - TBC

Details below - Outside the Royal Oak / church, on the main road through the village, of Holmbury St. Mary. Parkign can be found up he lane runs up one side of this green.

10-15 for a 10.30 start

Any more thoughts on a location for this? Myself and Uncle Monty fancy coming along for a spin. Our usual haunts are around Leith and Holmbury hills so if you are stuck for a route we could show you around.

The only thaught is I can do the 9th how does the 10th siuit every body ?

But your skills to show us a route would be great.

Sunday the 10th suits us better as having checked i can't do the Saturday. :oops: I had in mind 15 - 20 miles, all off road around the Holmbury and Peaslake area. There is a good tea shop and a couple of pubs for refreshments.

Mmm. Link not working. But it's easy - find Holmbury St Mary, find the church, the pub is along from the church and the lane is next to the pub.

Toodle Pip....

Went up today with Monty for a bit of route planning.

If we start at the beginning, outside the Royal Oak / church, on the main road through the village, is a small triangular green with a black and white, steel, Holmbury St. Mary sign on it. The lane runs up one side of this green.

The going today was officially, WET :shock: , but there was no trouble riding anywhere as it is a sandstone base so no clay to clog everything up.

Because of the nature of the area, the ride is not a large loop, but criss crosses through the woods of Holmbury and Pitch hills so it is easy to vary the length and is a combination of single track and fire roads. If the weather is like today it will be shorter, but we can see what we feel like on the day. Neither Monty nor I are the young whippets we were bitd, so don't worry about this being a ride at "race pace".

Any questions, just ask. :LOL:

Good afternoon everybody.

The sun is shining and will hopfully stay with us for the coming weekend. The Surrey hills will have drained nicely, so is anybody thinking of joining us at Holmbury 10:15 this Sunday morning ? If we get an idea of who will be there we won't clear off without you.

Uncle Monty.

Back