NW&NWA Event: Whinlatter Saturday August 28th 2010

Kev Duckworth":3nrnw48x said:
Looking forward to this now :)

How many are likely to turn up?
Will bring a mate or two and at including a retro trek.
Looking at the interest, should make a half a dozen at least. Friends and Treks are very welcome.

shame I can't make this one but I am away in Derbyshire

Have a good one chaps, I am sure there be lots of pics to follow.

No worries boys, it should be a cracking day out, sorry you can't make it.

So what are we riding then? Modern/Retro? Suspension/Rigid?

I'm going for the alpinestars ti-mega with rigid fork, the perfect tool for Whinlatter :LOL:

Cant decide, either GT Pantera single speed fully rigid (feeling a bit too knackered for SS though :( ) or DB Topanga 1 x 7 speed with manitou six sus forks (great trail centre bike) or Raleigh White Lightnin' (somewhat striking looking oldschool rigid 21 speed).

Might swap out sus forks on Topanga for rigid and go with that.

Be aware all my bikes are unrestored/scruffy/parts bin specials so not worth wasting photos on :LOL:

What do you think of your Mantras frame, its on the shortlist for my reasonably modern long travel hardtail plans ;)

I honestly have found it brilliant. I've been a bit of a brand snob in the past and bought this due to lack of money and needing a bike that was good value for money. I ride it quite hard and it's taken everything I've thrown at it. No problems at all. For the little money they fetch on ebay etc, I wouldn't hesitate it buying one.

On another note, I'll be at Whinlatter from 9am on Saturday. So if anyone fancies doing a loop of the South (or wherever) beforehand let me know. I want to get at least a loop of each route in on Sun, but might try and get four loops in total in (two of the North or South maybe, then one of the others).

I may try to get up there for 9am mate. The southern traffic heading up towards the Lakes' is already terrible, so I'll be wanting an early start in the morning. I presume the 'touri' haven't seen the weather forcast for tomorrow. ;)

EDIT: Don't you mean you'll be there at 9am on SATURDAY?? :cool:

(Quick edit...) It says Saturday Nick ;)

Sorted now. Blue route at 9am, then meet other RB people at 10am to do North Red. Then do South Red and finish on a loop of the Blue. Done all three one-after-another, but not done four before. Should shake the legs up a bit :)

Back