Bargain Ebay bike lights

The results:

3 hours 20 mins burn time before noticeable drop in brightness. Using Uniross Encore Ni-Mh 1000mha re-chargeable batteries. Impresive!

REKIBorter":3hee9cnh said:
The results:

3 hours 20 mins burn time before noticeable drop in brightness. Using Uniross Encore Ni-Mh 1000mha re-chargeable batteries. Impresive!

That's bloody good!!..

I just realised today that the new batteries I put in aren't Alkaline at all and are zinc chloride..
Not sure on the difference between the 2 apart from alkaline last longer in general..

Could there be a performance advantage using alkaline?

Easy rider I love the way Homer is reflecting your feelings over this, very funny.

I'm still hoping to find a Lithium rechargeable that will fit these.

Do the 3x AAA batteries operate in series or parallel?

If it's series (i.e. 3.6v output from the pack with NiMH cells) I'm wondering it the battery holder is handily the same size as a standard 3.7v Li-ion rechargeable cell...?

They are in series. That was my first thought Dr Rad but I decided I wanted the full 4.5 volts to get the proper brightness from the LED, I didn't want to use standard rechargables for that reason.

The Ken":3om520cm said:
They are in series. That was my first thought Dr Rad but I decided I wanted the full 4.5 volts to get the proper brightness from the LED, I didn't want to use standard rechargables for that reason.

Can you tell me the length and diameter of the battery holder please?

Does the extra 0.9v make a difference? If there's a proper current regulator in there, it shouldn't. LEDs are constant current devices and therefore require a driver circuit to regulate the current flowing into them. Normal 1.5v cells would give the same light for longer as they have a higher voltage and mAh capacity than rechargeable cells, but if the light works off 3x 1.2v AAA cells - which others have confirmed it does - then it should also work just as well off a single 3.7v Lithium cell.

I never understood the constant current thing as all my LED lights dim over the life of the battery - I thought that was due to voltage drop as the battery dissipates, it does flicker and eventually cut out when the batteries get really low but the light has also dimmed significantly by that point. I was never any good at electronics but I can wire a plug though :)

I don't have the battery holder here, I'll try and measure it when I get home but it is only about 4mm longer than an AAA and a little more than 3 AAA's pack together will give you a rough diameter.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Easy_Rider":2ud1181y said:
Mr Pat has been n gone with no parcel for me :(

any joy today mate?

the missus rang earlier to tell me that she'd had to ingnore postie when he rang the bell this morning as she wasn't dressed...bah!

Back