show us your cars 2

I can just get out of the door but after christmas dinner I can not :oops: :LOL:

I had to chisel a big hole three inches deep in the garage wall at the back as she is too long to get the garage doors shut as well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The MOT tester, he say yes!! ;)

Picture206.jpg

al. :D

I can finally join in, got my first car yesterday evening so thought I'd post some pics, all insure and taxed and ready to go just need to pass my test this month and I can be on my way to meeting some of you chaps at the bike meets. Anyway here it is I know its nothing amazing but I'm well chuffed.

The max power shot lol.

P1020540.jpg

Plenty of space for the little un.

P1020550.jpg

And in keeping with the retro feel, check out my sound system.

P1020529.jpg

ape":abexwtlh said:
I can finally join in, got my first car yesterday evening so thought I'd post some pics, all insure and taxed and ready to go just need to pass my test this month and I can be on my way to meeting some of you chaps at the bike meets. Anyway here it is I know its nothing amazing but I'm well chuffed.

The max power shot lol.

P1020540.jpg

Plenty of space for the little un.

P1020550.jpg

And in keeping with the retro feel, check out my sound system.

P1020529.jpg
Good first-car fodder, the Focus.

The casette deck is probably a better option than the CD HU (6000 something or other, they always go fubar).

Air-con that works and heated front screen (without big gaps...)?

Pretty good cars the Mk1 Focus, handle well, not sure about the 1.4, but the petrol engines seem refined and reasonably economical.

I see you've got the fetching, inevitable, Motability-fave-metallic-green ;-)

The casette deck is probably a better option than the CD HU (6000 something or other, they always go fubar).

Pretty good cars the Mk1 Focus, handle well, not sure about the 1.4, but the petrol engines seem refined and reasonably economical.

Lol your going to wet yourself but this is actually a ex mobility car, it's a 1.6 old man ghia with the optional leather (maybe if they were having bladder problems?) Air con works and yep no big gaps in the windscreen however my knob seems fairly worn out gear knob I mean.[/quote]

ape":3ra9obrk said:
Neil":3ra9obrk said:

Lol your going to wet yourself but this is actually a ex mobility car, it's a 1.6 old man ghia with the optional leather (maybe if they were having bladder problems?) Air con works and yep no big gaps in the windscreen however my knob seems fairly worn out gear knob I mean.
What is it with Mobility people that made them choose that colour in such big numbers? ;-)

Maybe Ford really did tap into something, there, and got the demographics just right.

As to the air con, I have found that it's pretty damn efficient in Focusssssesesss / i ;-) and doesn't really seem to go wrong. In other cars, it's always a mix of leaking gas, worn compressor clutches that need re-shimming, evaps that rot, or dryers that rot.

Use it all year 'round, and dry out the evap with the fans after using the air-con, and it should run for a good while.

The 1.6 is smooth, free-revving, and can be pretty economical.

Good solid cars, them, and are nice through the twisties. Compare that to the pile of bloat and stodgyness the Golf turned into around those years.

Back