DOES ANYONE KNOW the difference between 650c and 26inch mtb?

None at all.

But you can often interchange the two rim sizes in a given frame. It's normally more useful to fit 559mm rims to a bike designed for 650c - you get a little extra tyre clearance, and a wider range of plumpish slicks to choose from. There's no real advantage going the other way.

I need another rear spinergy in mtb size for another build but can not find one so just wondered as there are more 650c that turn up than mtb.Would the brakes on an mtb adjust to fit the 650c wheel :?: maybe with a ball bearing glued in each dropout for extra spacing,it is road use only so no hard riding and I have a spare mtb spinergy axle to replace the road one with.

marin man":2gz5egop said:
Would the brakes on an mtb adjust to fit the 650c wheel :?:
Normally, yes. The difference in radius is only 6mm, which is well within the adjustment range of most brakes. If you can raise your brake pads 6mm, you're good to go.

There's not much tyre choice in 650c though. 20-23mm slicks make up 95% of the market.

I do not mind slicks as it is on my klein attitude which is a road rocket only so should be ok.Thanks guys you have given me the confidence to buy one,Thanks again,do not forget the word association game one eyed jim,great fun :LOL:

Latest posts

Back